Freshman Admission Requirements:
- A minimum high school QPA of 3.0 (including 4 units in English; 1 unit in social studies or language; 7 units in mathematics and science; and four elective units)
- A composite math and verbal SAT score of at least 1,080; or a composite ACT score of at least 21. If you do not have SAT or ACT scores, or believe your scores do not reflect your academic achievement and ability to be successful at Duquesne, you may choose to apply as a Test Optional candidate. You must have a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 within a college preparatory curriculum to be considered for admission.
- Evidence of extracurricular activities during high school
- The ability to meet all of the medical and performance/technical standards of the program
- Knowledge of the Public Health profession
It is recommended that students begin shadowing or volunteer experience in high school to become more familiar with the profession.
Transfer Admission Requirements:
Students may transfer into the first or second year of the program only, based upon their credentials, courses completed at other institution(s), courses yet to be completed prior to entry into the professional phase and space availability.
To apply as a transfer student, a minimum cumulative Q.P.A. of at least a 3.0 is required.