The Speech-Language Pathology program at Duquesne gives students an excellent academic and broad-based clinical education experience at an accelerated pace. Here's what you'll find:
- The nation's first five-year, accelerated program that guarantees students a bachelor's and master's degree upon completion (providing students meet academic criteria).
- Integrated academics, clinical practice and research.
- State-of-the-art equipment and facilities providing real-world experience assessing and treating speech, language, and hearing problems.
- A large and diverse network of externships with dedicated clinical instructors who teach in real-life settings.
- Faculty members committed to teaching and research, bringing students the best academic and clinical education.
- A rich student life with opportunities for fun, athletics, cultural events, networking, volunteerism, international travel and more.
Students in the five-year program progress seamlessly from our pre-professional phase into the professional phase (graduate program). The Department no longer accepts applicants with bachelor’s degrees for graduate study.
The Department of Speech-Language Pathology and the Duquesne University Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic adhere to Duquesne University policies on non-discrimination. We are committed to non-discriminatory human relations across all aspects of education, employment and clinical service delivery without regard to the person's race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, genetic history, Veteran status, or disability. The complete University policy is presented as TAP NO. 30.