Achievements and Rankings
- Duquesne University School of Law is approved by the American Bar Association and is a member of the Association of American Law Schools.
- The bar preparation is ranked No. 9 in the country by National Jurist, the country's leading legal education publication.
- The 2018 first-time bar passage rate was 86.73%.
- preLaw Magazine awarded Duquesne University School of Law an A rating for 2018 Employment.
- preLaw Magazine awarded Duquesne University School of Law an A- rating for Criminal Law in 2018.
- Duquesne Law has risen five times in the last six years in the U.S. News & World Report rankings.
- The legal writing program is ranked No. 14 in the U.S. News & World Report specialty rankings.
- The part-time evening J.D. program is ranked No. 40 in the nation. Learn more about all of Duquesne Law’s U.S. News & World Report current rankings.
- Duquesne Law’s Veterans Clinic is one of the country’s 15 most innovative clinical programs, per preLaw magazine and in 2019, clinic director Daniel W. Kunz, Esq. was selected as a Veterans Leadership Programs 2019 Tribute Honoree. Learn more about Clinical Legal Education programs.
- The director of Legal Research and Writing, Professor Jan Levine, has received the country’s two highest awards for legal writing education. Learn more about the Legal Research and Writing Program.
U.S. News and World Report
For the seventh year in a row, Duquesne University School of Law made a solid showing in the annual U.S. News & World Report rankings. The 2020 Best Graduate Programs - Best Law Schools, released March 12, 2019, ranked Duquesne University School of Law at 122.
The rankings for both the Part-time (Evening) program and the Legal Writing Program improved. U.S. News & World Report's 2020 publication ranks Duquesne's legal writing program among the top 15 (at no. 14) in the country, up 8 slots from last year's report. Similarly, the publication ranks the School of Law's Part-time (Evening) J.D. program among the top 50 in the nation, up 4 places from last year at number 40. U.S. News & World Report bases its annual rankings on a number of factors, including reputation among law schools, bar pass rate, admissions statistics, and job placement.
Duquesne Law's outstanding bar passage rate clearly contributed to its performance. For the July 2018 Pennsylvania bar exam, the first-time pass rate for the School of Law was 86.73%, the third highest in the state. Another strength reflected in the publication's statistics is the School of Law's robust admission standards. Duquesne Law's entering LSAT and GPA scores have held steady for the last six years.