DuqNet Wireless Network Set-Up Instructions
You can connect your laptop, iPad, iPhone or other smartphone/tablet device to Duquesne University's wireless network, DuqNet. DuqNet requires that you login with your MultiPass credentials.
On Your iPhone, iPad, Android or Other Smartphone
- On your device, select the DuqNet wireless network, enter your MultiPass credentials and accept the security certificate (if prompted) to connect.
On Your Laptop Running Windows 10 or Mac OS
- After connecting to DuqNet, you will be prompted for your MultiPass credentials. You may also be prompted to install a security certificate prior to completing the connection.
- In some cases, you may need to manually configure some specific settings on your laptop. Click here for step-by-step instructions from CTS for configuring Windows 7, 8, 10 or Mac OS.
Note: Windows XP, Vista and Mac OS Tiger (10.5 and prior versions) are not supported by Duquesne University.
Please contact the IT Service Desk if you have questions with the wireless setup or the wireless connection (412.396.4357).
When you Change your MultiPass Password
Windows 10 - You may not be automatically prompted to enter your new password for DuqNet. To resolve this- Click on Network Settings > Select Wifi > find DuqNet, click it and select Forget. Now try to reconnect to DuqNet.
Eduroam is a wireless network that allows other participating Universities (such as Pitt and CMU) to connect to our wireless network. Users must user their university email addresses as their login.
Also of Interest
- Do not connect to DuqNet Guest, this wireless network is reserved for special events and University vendors.
- View Duquesne University's Wireless Airspace Policy