Get ready to become a 1L!
The Duquesne University School of Law faculty will provide a summer program for incoming 1Ls to help with the transition to law school. A series of seminars hosted by our faculty will include the following topics:
Introduction to the Legal System
- Sources of law and the court system
Preparing for Class
- Critical Reading Skills
- Reading Case Law and Briefing
- Note Taking
- Rule based reasoning
- Analogical reasoning
Law School Assessments and Exam Taking
- Format of Law School Exams
The program is open to all incoming Duquesne Law 1L's, free of charge. Each module will be offered asynchronous following "Meet the Faculty" live sessions allowing students an informal opportunity to ask questions and dive deeper into the topic.
We will provide more information on the seminars in the coming months.
Spring & Summer Admitted Students Programs
- Student Bar Association | Wednesday, May 19 at 6 p.m. (EST)
- Black Law Student Association | Thursday, May 27 at 6 p.m. (EST)
- Part-Time Evening | Wednesday, June 2 at 6 p.m. (EST)
- Hispanic American Bar Association | TBD
Ask About Series
- Career Services | Maria Comas | email@example.com
Resume & Job Search Foundations for Incoming 1L Students | Watch Recording
Job Search Considerations for Incoming 1E Students | Watch Recording
- Professor Huhn, "The Five Types of Legal Arguments"
- Law School Dean
- Military, JAG, & Veterans
Information about registration and program details coming soon!
Watch videos of Admitted Students Day 2021, faculty presentations, student and alumni Instagram Takeovers, and more!
Feel free to reach out to any member of the Admissions staff if you have questions or concerns, firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to assist you.