Incoming Student Scholarships
Did you know that 100% of our current 1L class received scholarship support?
Duquesne University School of Law is committed to making legal education affordable. So much so that National Jurist ranked Duquesne Law the No. 6 Best Value Among Private Law Schools in the country in September 2014. The national magazine for law students publishes the rankings "to identify and recognize law schools that help students pass the bar exam and land jobs without burdening them with huge debt."
Over the last several years, Duquesne University has increased scholarships substantially.
Our law alumni association has developed four separate endowed fund to support students, and our alumni continue to create new scholarship programs - the latest being the Judith A. Kasdan Memorial Scholarship recognizing commitment to public service. All admitted students are automatically considered for merit-based scholarships.
Here's what else you need to know about scholarships at Duquesne University School of Law:
- Tuition awards are made to the most qualified applicants based on their records of achievement, aptitude for the study of law and general background.
- Interested students should submit their admission applications by the priority deadline, preferably by early January.
- Scholarship notifications typically occur three weeks after admission.
- Scholarships are renewed annually, provided the student remains in good academic standing.
- A portion of incoming admitted student scholarships may be funded through one of our endowed scholarships.
- Scholarships for Excellence and Endowed Scholarships are available after the successful completion of the first year.
- Duquesne University School of Law does not award conditional scholarships as defined in ABA Standard 509, Interpretation 509-3. (A conditional scholarship is any financial aid award that is dependent upon the student maintaining a minimum grade point average or class standing, other than what is ordinarily required to remain in good standing.)
Duquesne University School of Law offers financial aid in addition to scholarships.