Military & Veterans
At Duquesne University School of Law, we understand the unique needs of our active duty, reserve, guard and veteran students-and we're invested in your success. That's why we partner with the Office of Military and Veterans Services to offer support services and assistance to help you meet your goals.
Academic Excellence Program
The program provides academic support to law students during all three years (or four years, if part-time) of their legal education. All students are invited to enroll in any of the workshops or courses, attend study groups, borrow materials, or request a one-on-one appointment.
- Available for veterans, spouses and dependents
- Yellow Ribbon participating school
- Merit Scholarship available
- Assistance in maximizing your benefits
All veterans who are attending Duquesne University School of Law must inform the Law School Registrar, the Certifying Official, of their eligibility to receive educational benefits.
First Veterans Clinic in the Country
The Veterans Clinic provides assistance to veterans accepted into the Veterans Court of the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas. It uses a holistic approach to train law students in the representation of veterans, focusing on the problem-solving philosophy and recidivism-reducing techniques. Eligible students are certified by the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania to appear in court.
Military Law Society
This student-run organization promotes scholarly discussion of military law and builds social ties between interested students, the law school and the local community for the purpose of professional development.
Military Appreciation Events on Campus
- Veterans' Week events, including the largest Veterans' Day breakfast in Pennsylvania, attracting approximately 700 attendees annually
- Reunion and prayer service during Homecoming
- Military appreciation at football and basketball games
- Veterans' literary society
- Career skills and networking events specifically for military and veterans
Military Services Clinic
The free clinic offers counseling and support to military service members who have served or who expect to serve in the Iraq and/or Afghanistan conflicts and to the loved ones of those involved.
If you have questions about Duquesne University School of Law Admissions, the fastest way to get an answer is to email firstname.lastname@example.org.