The Duquesne Center for Legal Information (Center) and the Allegheny County Law Library (ACLL) encourage the Duquesne School of Law graduates to take advantage of our services and facilities. Alumni are welcome to visit our libraries at any time. If you have any questions about these services, please email email@example.com
The Center's Services
- Self-service scanners are available for free for Duquesne law alumni.
- Alumni may send their scanned materials either by emailing them to themselves or by saving them on USB drives, Google Drive, DropBox, and smartphones.
- For any technical issues, please visit the circulation desk or call 412.396.5017.
- Recent graduates will have access to Westlaw Edge, Lexis Advance, and Bloomberg Law immediately after graduation for a limited time.
- Check with the representatives of these vendors or their websites and register to receive these services.
- If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Three Credit CLE
- All of our recent graduates will receive a one-time three credit free CLE course at ACLL.
- This CLE benefit is available for one year immediately after graduating from law school.
- Please check PA CLE.org, ACLLWire, ACLL Facebook page, and Twitter for available classes.
- For registration, please email Lori Hagen or call 412.350.5339.
All Visitors to the Library
All library patrons have access to our print collection for use in the library as well as expert research assistance from our staff. They also can use the following databases while they are in the library:
- eCode 360
- Making of Modern Law
Non-Firm Affiliated Duquesne Alumni
Solo practitioners, independent consultants, corporate practitioners, and unemployed graduates are eligible for a free membership card for the first year after graduation. Please bring proof of attendance/graduation. The library card entitles the graduates to access to:
Use of our Online Databases
- HeinOnline remotely
- LegalTrac remotely
- Making of Modern Law remotely
- LLMC remotely
- Fastcase / Loislaw remotely
- Westlaw and Lexis onsite
- You can use the Consultation Room at no charge. Please call and reserve your time at 412.350.5353.
- You receive discounts on CLEs, conference room rentals, computer lab rentals, and document delivery.
- You get free use of our digital scanner to download documents to your USB flash drive or email. Printing is still a 20 cent charge per page.
- Check out books from either of our collections for two weeks with additional renewals.
- If a member firm employs you, you are automatically eligible for a card.
- If a non-member firm employs you, you are not eligible to receive the complimentary card.
- Member firms with more than 60 attorneys locally are not eligible for the remote access to Fastcase or HeinOnline.