The Duquesne Center for Legal Information (Center) and the Allegheny County Law Library (ACLL) encourage the Duquesne School of Law graduates to take advantage of our services and facilities. Alumni are welcome to visit our libraries at any time. For any question with these services, please email Tsegaye Beru or call 412.396.4423.
The Center's Services
- Self-service scanners are available for free for Duquesne law alum.
- Alumni may send their scanned materials either by emailing them to themselves or by saving them on USB drives, Google drive, DropBox and smartphones.
- For any technical issues, please visit the circulation desk or call 412.396.5017.
- Recent graduates will have access to Westlaw Edge, Lexis Advance, and Bloomberg Law immediately after graduation for a limited time.
- Check with the representatives of these vendors or their websites and register to receive these services.
- If you have any questions, please email Tsegaye Beru or call him at 412.396.4423.
Free Three Credit CLE
- All of our recent graduates will receive a one-time three credit free CLE course at ACLL.
- This is available only for a period of one year immediately after graduating from Please check PA CLE.org, ACLLWire, ACLL Facebook page and Twitter for available classes.
- For registration, please email Lori Hagen or call 412.350.5339.
All Visitors to the Library
All patrons to the library have access to our print collection for use in the library as well as expert research assistance via the Staff. They also can use the following databases for use on-site:
- eCode 360
- Bloomberg Law's Labor and Employment Library and Tax Management Portfolios
CCH Cheetah OmniTax
- Making of Modern Law
Non-Firm Affiliated Duquesne Alumni
Solo practitioners, independent consultants, corporate practitioners, and unemployed graduates are eligible for a free membership card for the first year after graduation. Please bring proof of attendance/graduation. The library card entitles the graduates to access to:
Use of our Online Databases
- HeinOnline remotely
- LegalTrac remotely
- Making of Modern Law remotely
- LLMC remotely
- Fastcase / Loislaw remotely
- Westlaw and Lexis onsite
- Free use of the Consultation Room. Please call and reserve your time at 412.350.5353.
- Discounts for CLEs, Conference Room rentals, Computer Lab rentals and Document Delivery.
- Free use of our digital scanner to download documents to your USB flash drive or email Printing is still a 20 cent charge per page.
- Check out books from either of our collections for a two week period with additional renewals.
- If you are employed by a firm that is a member, you are automatically eligible for a card.
- If you are employed by a firm that is not a member, you are not eligible to receive the complimentary card.
- Member firms with more than 60 attorneys locally are not eligible for the remote access to Fastcase or HeinOnline.