Borrowing from Other Libraries
The Center provides a free interlibrary loan service for law school faculty and law students.
For the fastest service, please try (via Gumberg Library):
If you still are unable to find the desired materials or do not wish to use the services above, please contact Amy Lovell for more information.
Allegheny County Law Library Courier Service (ACLL)
Contact Amy Lovell to request titles from the ACLL to be shipped to the Center via courier. Delivery may take 1-2 days. ACLL materials may be used in the Center or checked out.
Borrowing from Us
Members of the Duquesne University community must present valid University identification cards to borrow material(s). Holders of valid Allegheny County Law Library (ACLL) cards must present them to borrow Center for Legal Information (Center) materials.
What Circulates at the Center?
In general, everything in the Center circulates except for the following locations/material types. The status column in the library catalog for non-circulating materials reads: "LIB USE ONLY." Please ask at the Circulation Desk if you have questions.
Non-Circulating Location/Types of Materials
Core Collection Titles (see below)
Form Book Sets
Uniform Laws (official versions)
Checking Out Books
Please bring the desired materials to the Circulation Desk for check out. Proper identification is required. The Circulation Desk is located at the entrance to the Center on the second floor. Students and ACLL cardholders have the privilege of checking out books from the Center and ACLL.
- Law students may check out a total of fifteen (15) items at a time with a maximum of seven (7) ACLL items at a time.
- Center and ACLL materials circulate to students and ACLL cardholders for two (2) weeks and may be renewed once.
- Fines are 50¢ per item/per day for overdue materials.
- Fines for overdue reserve materials are 50¢ per item/per hour.
You will get an overdue notice the day after an item becomes overdue. You will get a second overdue notice seven days from the day the first overdue notice was sent.
If an item is overdue for more than 21 days, you will get a replacement bill. Please notify the Circulation Desk immediately if you have lost materials. The replacement bill will include the following costs:
- $100 for default item cost (this amount may vary depending on the actual cost to replace the title);
- $25 processing charge (to cover the Center's expenses in actually replacing a title); and
- $12 replacement bill service charge (to cover the Center's expenses in notifying you of the overdue).
If a title is returned after a replacement bill has been generated, the fine charged will be whichever fee is larger, the accumulated fines or the replacement bill service charge.
For further information on charges and loan rules, contact the Circulation Desk at 412.396.5017.
Core Collection Titles (Non-Circulating)
Please note: titles in this list may change without notice.
American Jurisprudence 2d
American Jurisprudence Trials
Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
Corpus Juris Secundum
Legislative Journal House
Legislative Journal Senate
Pennsylvania State and County Court Rules
United States Code Congressional and Administrative News