Clinics and Externships
Clinical education is one of the instructional cornerstones of Duquesne University School of Law. As a student here, you will have the opportunity to participate in law clinics, externships, pro bono programs and fellowships that offer live client experiences and often include opportunities to appear in court. The goals of the Clinical Legal Education program are threefold:
- To serve the community by providing good counsel
- To train students in the actual practice of law
- To promote the rewards of public service
Clinical Center Steps from Downtown Courts
Read the latest information on COVID-19 COURT OPERATIONS for The Fifth Judicial District of Pennsylvania (State Court)
Duquesne's commitment to clinical education is reflected in its facility for students, faculty, and clients. The Tribone Center for Clinical Legal Education enables Duquesne students to serve the community while working for credit and receiving practical legal education. Clinical opportunities include:
- Civil Rights Clinic
- Family Law Clinic
- Federal Litigation Clinic
- Wills and Healthcare Decisions Clinic
- Unemployment Compensation Clinic
- Urban Development Practicum
- Veterans Clinic
- Youth Advocacy Clinic
Single Semester Externship Placements
The School of Law Externship Programs offer one-semester and summer-session externship placements in county, state and federal judicial offices; and legal aid and non-profit organizations; and in private practice or in-house counsel settings. Available opportunites include:
Yearlong Externship Programs
Yearlong externships feature on-site placement combined with classroom instruction and classroom credit.
Pro Bono Program
The pro bono program features an attorney/student matching program and direct work with public interest organizations. Read more about Duquesne University's pro bono program.
How to Register for a Clinic or Program
1. Please joing us for OPEN HOUSE 2021 to be held via ZOOM on Wednesday, March 24 at 5:00pm.
Join Zoom Meeting - https://duq.zoom.us/j/7318259661?pwd=UnZhV2NPaS9IYU5uL1JjMUNoeE5Tdz09
Meeting ID: 731 825 9661 with Passcode: LawClinic
3. If you have question(s) about a special clinic/program or general registration, please e-mail Beth Licciardello at firstname.lastname@example.org so an appointment may be made for you with a professor.