Criminal Prosecution Program
The Criminal Prosecution Program provides students with an on-site externship at the Allegheny County District Attorney's Office and classroom instruction in criminal law. The weekly classroom seminar covers all facets of criminal law from a suspect's arrest through the trial and post-trial stages. Students rotate through the DA's office in accordance with the topics being covered in the classroom.
- Yearlong Pass/Fail Course
- Credits: 6 Credits (3 classroom credits, 3 non-classroom credits)
- Prerequisite: Evidence
- Enrollment: 8 Students
- Clinic Hours to Be Completed: 280 Hours (Minimum of 10 Hours per Week)
- Class Meeting Time: Thursday, 4 - 5:40 p.m.
- Class Location: Tribone Center for Clinical Legal Education, Room 110
Students are interviewed by the supervising attorneys for admission to the program.
Learn more about externships at Duquesne University School of Law.