1L ACBA Summer Clerkship Program Information Session
- 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
The Allegheny County Bar Association ("ACBA") will be holding a Mandatory* Applicant Information Session for its award-winning Summer Clerkship Program for diverse first-year law students via Zoom on Friday, October 30, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. To attend, please register in advance. A Zoom link will be emailed to you after registering via this link.
First-year law students who self-identify as one or more of the following are eligible to apply to the ACBA Summer Clerkship Program:
• American Indian or Alaska Native. A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America (including Central America) and who maintains tribal affiliation or community attachment.
• Asian. A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian subcontinent including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam.
• Black or African American. A person having origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa.
• Hispanic or Latino. A person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race.
• Middle Eastern or North African. A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Middle East or North Africa including, for example, Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.
• Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander. A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands.
• LGBT+. A person who is lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, plus. The "plus" is inclusive of other groups of sexual and gender minorities, such as asexual, intersex, queer, questioning, etc.
• An individual with a disability as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Applicants will be considered for an available summer clerk position with a participating legal employer in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania metropolitan area during the summer of 2021. Applications will be due in January. More information can be found on the ACBA website.
*PLEASE NOTE: Students who may be interested in applying to the program MUST attend the Mandatory Applicant Information Session. If you are unable to attend because of an unavoidable conflict, prior to the session, you must contact Alysia M. Keating, Esq., ACBA Director of Diversity and Gender Equality, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students who do not attend and are not excused in advance are not eligible to apply.
Please also RSVP on DuqLawConnect (under "Events") so the Career Services Office knows you will be there.