The Dean of Students Office plans Orientation which is held in August immediately before the first full week of classes. The event introduces 1L students to academic expectations and student life at Duquesne University School of Law.
The program features presentations and social events including:
- An introduction to 1L studies
- Professionalism and ethics presentations
- Mock classes
- Legal research and writing small groups
- Dean’s reception for students
- Student organizations fair
Save the dates for Orientation 2020 - Wednesday, August 19 - Saturday, August 22
Full-time Day Division Schedule - updated 7/30/20
Part-time Evening Division Schedule - updated 7/30/20
Follow the steps below to access the School of Law Orientation
site in Blackboard.
1. Use your Multipass information and log in to www.duq.edu/dori
2. Under Quick Links select Blackboard
3. Scroll to My Communities module on the left side of the screen
4. Select the School of Law Orientation site from the list
Registration and Registrar Information
Incoming students are registered for the first-year curriculum by the School of Law Registrar’s Office.
After matriculation, students must review their contact and emergency information and provide updates as needed. It is very important for the University and the School of Law to be able to reach students during their three or four years of law school.
Once students have matriculated, their records are no longer in the Admissions Office. Therefore, questions regarding records or legal education should be addressed to the Associate Dean of Students or the School of Law Registrar’s Office.