Call for Papers
The theme for this year's conference is Pragmatism. The conference centers on the works of Jane Addams, W. E. B. Du Bois, and Charles S. Peirce.
This year's conference will be conducted in a seminar format with:
1) A keynote address on each of the three central pragmatic thinkers
- Jane Addams will be addressed by Annette Holba, Plymouth State University.
- W. E. B. Du Bois will be addressed by Annette Madlock, Independent Scholar & Professor-at-Large, Sister Circle Writers.
- Charles S. Peirce will be addressed by Vincent Colapietro, Pennsylvania State University.
2) A focused panel centering on each pragmatic thinker
3) Concurrent panel sessions featuring presentations on the topic of pragmatism and/or any other philosophy of communication points of interest
Presenters are encouraged to develop panel and paper submissions on the topic of pragmatism, specifically addressing the works of Jane Addams, W. E. B. Du Bois, and Charles S. Peirce. As always, papers addressing other aspects of philosophy of communication, regardless of connection to the conference theme, are welcome.
Paper submissions should include:
- Paper title
- Abstract (100-150 words)
- Institutional affiliation
- Email address
Panel proposals should include:
- Panel title
- Rationale (250-500 words)
- Titles and abstracts (100-150 words) for up to five presentations
- Institutional affiliation and email address of each presenter
All submissions should be sent to email@example.com by April 1, 2022.
Registration: Conference registration is free. Registration must be completed through the following form by May 31, 2022: https://form.jotform.com/220113978456863.
Note: This year's conference will be held virtually on Zoom.
The Faculty Planning Committee includes Ronald C. Arnett, Janie M. Harden Fritz, Erik A. Garrett, Anthony M. Wachs, and Natalia Wohar (Graduate Student Conference Director).
For more information and ongoing updates on the conference, please visit the conference website (http://www.duq.edu/summerconference) or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-396-6446.