Dual Degree: M.A. in Corporate Communication/MBA Dual Degree
A combined 66 credits minimum for these two degrees (30 credits for the M.A. in Corporate Communication and 36 credits for the MBA) is reduced to 60 credits minimum through credit-sharing.
Required electives in the M.A. in Corporate Communication program will be fulfilled by MBA courses (6 total credits).
Policies and Procedures
Students must apply and be accepted to both programs of study. The GMAT or GRE is required for application to the School of Business (unless waived by AACSB QPA, prior work experience, or other graduate/terminal degree).
- Details about applying to the MBA program are available at http://www.duq.edu/academics/schools/business/graduate/admissions
- Details about applying to the M.A. in Communication program
Students may begin their study in either the School of Business or in the Graduate School of Liberal Arts.
Students who successfully complete all requirements will receive two degrees and two diplomas. The degrees must be conferred simultaneously.
30 credits of COMM courses towards M.A. in Communication
- COMM 500 Professional Communication (3 cr.)
- COMM 501 Persuasion in the Marketplace (3 cr.)
- COMM 556 Organizational & Leadership Comm. (3 cr.)
- COMM 522 Communication Research Methods (3 cr.)
- COMM 523 Comm. Ethics & Professional Civility (3 cr.)
- Required Electives (15 cr.) 6 credits fulfilled through MBA courses
36 credits of courses towards MBA
- ACCT 501 Accounting Fundamentals* (1.5 cr.)
- ECON 501 Economics Fundamentals* (1.5 cr.)
- FINC 501 Finance Fundamentals* (1.5 cr.)
- STAT 501 Statistics Fundamentals* (1.5 cr.)
- STAT 510 Applied Statistics (3 cr.)
- GRBU 503 Applied Managerial Decision Tools (1.5 cr.)
- MGMT 513 Managing People (1.5 cr.)
- ACCT 515 Accounting for Decision Makers (3 cr.)
- ECON 520 Managerial Economics (3 cr.)
- ISYS 515 Managing Information (1.5 cr.)
- SCMG 527 Supply Chain/Operations Mgt. (1.5 cr.)
- FINC 530 Financial Management (3 cr.)
- BLAW 529 Business Legal Environment (1.5 cr.)
- MGMT 523 Applied Business Ethics (1.5 cr.)
- MKTG 535 Marketing Management (3 cr.)
- MGMT 531 Strategic Sust. Theories and Models (1.5 cr.)
- MGMT 533 Global Business (1.5 cr.)
- MGMT 545 Executive Insights (3 cr.)
- MGMT 540 Strategy and Implementation (3 cr.)
- MGMT 548 Capstone Project (3 cr.)
*These courses may be waived based on previous coursework.