Department of English and Theater Arts
The Department of English is committed to developing the skills, the knowledge, and the conscience of the next generation of leaders, who will shape the world that they inherit.
If you need to reach the Department of English and Theater Arts, please contact the Department's Administrative Assistant, Shawntaye Sledge at 412.396.6420 or email@example.com.
English at Duquesne Features...
- A blend of traditional and contemporary approaches to literature
- A distinguished and award-winning Faculty
- A state-of-the-art Writing Center
- Degree programs for Undergraduates (B.A.) and Graduates (M.A. and Ph.D.)
- A major and minor program in Theater Arts
- Numerous student opportunities to study abroad, take off-site classes, get involved with on-campus publications, and more!
- A minor in creative writing, an English major with a writing concentration, and creative writing opportunities
- A number of creative writing courses which fill departmental theme areas
GradReports has ranked the English Department at Duquesne as one of the top 25 English programs in the nation based on the early-career salaries of our graduates!
English as a Second Language
If you are interested in learning English as a Second Language, please visit the ESL Department website.