Applied Mathematics B.S.
The Applied Mathematics B.S. degree is an interdisciplinary program taught by mathematics and statistics faculty working in application areas that include medicine, mathematical finance, mathematical biology, genomics, the theory of learning, and image processing.
Why Applied Mathematics at Duquesne?
- Assigned faculty mentor to advise with coursework, internships, networking and research opportunities
- All major courses taught by Ph.D. faculty who are respected for their scholarly and educational accomplishments
- Opportunities to participate in faculty research projects, publish findings and present your work nationally and internationally
- Possibility of earning a B.S. in Applied Mathematics and master's degree in Computational Mathematics and Statistics in five years
- Continuously updated labs and software with access to high powered computing equipment