Here you will find a directory (spreadsheet below) of companies that have worked with Media department interns. Please be mindful that contact information can go out of date very quickly. If an entry has a link to internship information, please read it before contacting the company. Some companies have protocols they expect applicants to follow and are annoyed when applicants call directly only to be told, "See our link and follow the protocol."
- Internship Approval Form
- Internship Timesheet
- Internship Progress Report
- Midterm Performance Assessment Form
- Final Performance Assessment Form
If you have already secured an internship, please fill out the approval form on the reverse side of this document. Once completed, bring the form to 544 College Hall for approval by Dr. Michael Dillon. If you need assistance finding an internship, the department does keep a file of possible internships available to Media department students for your review.
1. Once you have been accepted for an internship, the approval form must be completely filled out and submitted for approval by Dr. Michael Dillon. Once approved, it will be sent to your adviser in 212 College Hall so that you can be registered for the internship credits. Your adviser will contact you if there is a question regarding your registration. The course numbers for the internships are MDIA 451 (undergraduate), MDIA 452 (undergraduate Sports Information and Media requirement) and MDIA 551 (practicum for graduate students).
2. Internship hours needed to fulfill credit requirements:
a. 60 hours = 1 credit
b. 120 hours = 2 credits
c. 180 hours = 3 credits
3. The Internship Timesheet must be completed every week. In your packet, you will find two time sheets printed on one sheet of paper (front and back). You will be required to bring your timesheet filled out for the two-week period to the Media department office every two weeks. This sheet must be signed by your internship supervisor.
4. Also completed every two weeks is the Internship Progress Report. Please have your supervisor review your progress and have him or her sign your form. Internship progress reports must be submitted with your timesheets every two weeks.
5. You also have two Performance Assessment Forms which need to be completed in order to get credit for the internship. One must be completed at midterm and one at the final evaluation. These forms must be completed by your supervisor and signed by you and the supervisor. Dr. Dillon will evaluate your progress at your midterm "hour" and also at your final "hour" of your internship. Both evaluations are required for determination of your final grade. Points will be deducted if one or the other assessment form is not turned in on time.
6. Internships will not appear on Blackboard. Your forms should be hand-delivered to the Media department office at 544 College Hall. If you are unable to complete your internship once you have registered, please contact your adviser and Dr. Dillon at email@example.com.