The Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership curriculum will give students the ability to help others move organizations forward in changing times. While the focus of the program is cultivating the ability to lead at any level, individuals also develop and refine skills in critical thinking, problem solving, motivating and empowering others, and communicating effectively and persuasively.
Students will learn to:
- Define and recognize the evolving nature of leadership
- Identify, compare and contrast classic and contemporary views of leadership
- Deduce leadership knowledge from the liberal arts and humanities
- Analyze the styles and practices of leaders to better understand leadership practice
- Define and discuss the concept of followership
- Explain the need for ethical, responsible leadership and embody those values in their own leadership practice