Music Technology Summer Intensive 2022
Presented by the Mary Pappert School of Music and the Institute of Entertainment, Music, and Media Arts (IEMMA)
Learn and work alongside GRAMMY Award-winning faculty and gain hands-on experience in a professional recording and production environment. Immerse yourself in the inner workings of a studio and its operation during a recording session and actively participate in tracking, overdubbing, editing, and mixing.
What You Can Expect
- Personalized hands-on instruction
- Live recording sessions with professional musicians
- Exploration of audio industry and employment in the field
What You Will Learn
- Microphone selection and placement
- Recording hardware and software operation
- Sound reinforcement and broadcast practices
- Tracking, editing, mixing, and mastering techniques
- Solid State Logic AWS 948 Recording Console, 32 Channels of HDX Pro Tools, Avid S1 Controllers
- Millenia microphone preamps, API, and Neve outboard gear
- Eventide and SSL plug-ins
- Microphones including Neumann, Sennheiser, AKG, DPA, Shure, EV, Telefunken, and Microtec to name a few.
In addition to working alongside faculty and fellow participants in the studios and soundstages, you will have the ability to create your own mixes and edit recording projects independently in our Digital Audio Workstation lab.
The Music Technology Summer Intensive begins with a half-day orientation on Sunday, June 26 from 1–4 p.m., where participants will sign in and attend a faculty presentation and reception.
Sunday, June 26 | 1 p.m.–4 p.m.
Monday, June 27–Thursday, June 30 | 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
This workshop is $295 for the week.
Materials & Accommodations
All participants will have the option to submit a portfolio showcasing their recording/production skills for scholarship consideration. You will be able to upload your materials as part of the registration process. Register by Monday, June 13, 2022 for priority scholarship consideration.
Please plan to provide your own lunches. Overnight accommodations are not available.