The Duquesne University Opera Workshop is a training and performing ensemble open to undergraduate and graduate voice students. The Opera Workshop presents fully-staged productions, operatic scenes evenings, aria evenings, and outreach performances in the community.
Recent Opera Workshop productions have included:
- Benjamin Britten's Albert Herring
- Gian Carlo Menotti's Medium and Telephone
- Cimarosa's Il matrimonio Segreto
- Mascagni's Zanetto and Cavalleria Rusticana
- Mozart's Marriage of Figaro, Don Giovanni, La Finta Giardiniera and The Magic Flute
- Puccini's Suor Angelica and Gianni Schicci
- Mark Adamo's Little Women
Opera Workshop members have had various opportunities to travel and perform internationally, including many venues in Bulgaria and China.