There's still time to audition for Fall 2021 admission! We are now accepting Audition Portfolios and scheduling individual audition appointments as needed. Submit your app and register to audition on your applicant portal. Need assistance? Contact us at email@example.com or call 412-396-5064.
Want to talk with someone?
Connect with Tom Carsecka, Director of Music Enrollment. Select your date and time for a live video chat and get answers to questions about auditions scholarships, degree programs, tours and other opportunities.
How to Apply
Admission to the Mary Pappert School of Music requires a university application and successful completion of a music audition. View the Online Audition Process & Guidelines.
Let's Get Started!
Watch the Music Admissions Online Overview:
Hear from our current students about their experiences as college musicians in a new age of COVID-19, how to present your best self through the Audition Portfolio, and what to expect during the live Online Audition.
Looking for important deadlines and tips for submitting documents?
Did You Know? 100% of accepted music students receive financial assistance!
We are proud to offer our students exceptional award packages like the undergraduate Lead with Music Scholarship that can cover up to 50% of tuition, as well as highly competitive Graduate Performance Awards and Assistantships.
Learn More About Our Unique Programs of Study
- Bachelor of Arts in Music — view accelerated pathways
- Bachelor of Music in Performance
- Bachelor of Music in Performance - Jazz Emphasis
- Bachelor of Music in Music Technology - Composition for Media
- Bachelor of Music in Music Technology - Sound Recording
- Bachelor of Science in Music Education
- Bachelor of Science in Music Therapy
- Minor In Music
- Artist Diploma in Performance
- Master of Music in Performance
- Master of Music in Performance - Jazz Emphasis
- Master of Music in Sacred Music
At the Mary Pappert School of Music, you can be a creator, artist, healer, teacher, and much more!
Mary Pappert School of Music Viewbook
Take a Virtual Tour of Our School
Music Technology Studios & Labs
Instructional Spaces & Resources
- Teaching/Instrumental Studios
- Practice & Rehearsal Spaces
- Resource Centers
- Lobbies & Lounges
* If you would like to take a live online building tour with one of our current students, please email MusicAdmissions@duq.edu and ask about our Music Student Ambassador Program. Our music ambassadors are current students that represent the full spectrum of instruments and degree pathways at the Mary Pappert School of Music. View the Music Student Abmassadors.
Experience Being a Student
FREE Online Lesson
Prospective undergraduate and graduate students that submit an application qualify for a free 60-minute lesson with our award-winning faculty.
Observe Classes and Rehearsals
All prospective students are invited to observe classes and ensemble rehearsals remotely when possible. Email the Office of Music Admissions or call (412) 396-5064 to check availability.
Take a moment to experience the joy of making music at the Mary Pappert School of Music and see for yourself why so many choose to be a part of our musician community.
Listen: IEMMA Broadcast Network
Tune in to the internet radio station of the Mary Pappert School of Music's Institute of Entertainment, Music and Media Arts (IEMMA) featuring quality programming, recorded and performed by our own students and faculty.
Take a Virtual Tour of Duquesne's Campus
Duquesne's campus is situated in the heart of Pittsburgh and offers breathtaking views of the city and its three rivers, and is only a short walk from downtown.