At the Mary Pappert School of Music, you can be a creator, artist, healer, teacher, and much more!
Mary Pappert School of Music Viewbook
How to Apply
Admission to the Mary Pappert School of Music requires a university application and successful completion of the online audition process.
Watch the Music Admissions Online Overview:
Hear from our current students about their experiences as college musicians in a new age of COVID-19, how to present your best self through the Audition Portfolio, and what to expect during the live Online Audition.
Looking for important deadlines and tips for submitting documents?
Let's Get Started!
100% of accepted music students receive financial assistance!
We are proud to offer our students exceptional award packages like the undergraduate Lead with Music Scholarship that can cover up to 50% of tuition, as well as highly competitive Graduate Performance Awards and Assistantships.
Learn More About Our Unique Programs of Study
- Bachelor of Arts in Music — view accelerated pathways
- Bachelor of Music in Performance
- Bachelor of Music in Performance - Jazz Emphasis
- Bachelor of Music in Music Technology - Composition for Media
- Bachelor of Music in Music Technology - Sound Recording
- Bachelor of Science in Music Education
- Bachelor of Science in Music Therapy
- Minor In Music
- Artist Diploma in Performance
- Master of Music in Performance
- Master of Music in Performance - Jazz Emphasis
- Master of Music in Sacred Music
Take a Virtual Tour of Our School
Music Technology Studios & Labs
Instructional Spaces & Resources
- Teaching/Instrumental Studios
- Practice & Rehearsal Spaces
- Resource Centers
- Lobbies & Lounges
* If you would like to take a live online building tour with one of our current students, please email MusicAdmissions@duq.edu and ask about our Music Ambassador Program
Experience Being a Student
FREE Online Lesson
Prospective undergraduate and graduate students that submit an application qualify for a free 60-minute lesson with our award-winning faculty.
Observe Classes and Rehearsals
All prospective students are invited to observe classes and ensemble rehearsals remotely when possible. Email the Office of Music Admissions or call (412) 396-5064 to check availability.
Take a Virtual Tour of Campus
Duquesne's campus is situated in the heart of Pittsburgh and offers breathtaking views of the city and its three rivers, and is only a short walk from downtown.
Take a moment to experience the joy of making music at the Mary Pappert School of Music and see for yourself why so many choose to be a part of our musician community.