The application for Fall 2022 is now open!
Submit your app and register to audition on your applicant portal. Need assistance? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-396-5064.
Looking for a quick overview? Check out the Mary Pappert School of Music Slideshow Summary.
How to Apply
Admission to the Mary Pappert School of Music requires a University application and successful completion of a formal music audition. View the Audition Process & Guidelines.
Ready to Apply? Let's Get Started!
Want to talk with someone?
Connect with Tom Carsecka, Director of Music Admissions, to arrange a music school visit, live video chat, or phone call and get answers to questions about auditions, scholarships, degree programs, classroom observations and other opportunities.
Ask one of our current students what life is like as a Duquesne Musician. View Music Student Abmassadors.
Looking for important deadlines and tips for submitting documents?
Did You Know? 100% of fully accepted music students receive financial assistance at the time of acceptance!
As an enrolled student, you can apply and compete for additional funding to support your education. Check out some of our recent endowed scholarship recipients.
Experience Being a Student
FREE Private Lesson
Prospective undergraduate and graduate students that submit an application qualify for a free private lesson with our award-winning faculty.
Observe Classes and Rehearsals
All prospective students are invited to observe classes and ensemble rehearsals when possible. Email the Office of Music Admissions or call (412) 396-5064 to check availability.
Take a moment to experience the joy of making music at the Mary Pappert School of Music and see for yourself why so many choose to be a part of our musician community.
Listen: IEMMA Broadcast Network
Tune in to the internet radio station of the Mary Pappert School of Music's Institute of Entertainment, Music and Media Arts (IEMMA) featuring quality programming recorded and performed by our own students and faculty.
Take a Virtual Tour of Duquesne's Campus
Duquesne's campus is situated in the heart of downtown Pittsburgh, offers breathtaking views of the city and its three rivers, and is only a short walk from the cultural district.
At the Mary Pappert School of Music, you can be a creator, artist, healer, teacher, and much more!
Mary Pappert School of Music Viewbook
Take a Virtual Tour of Our School
Music Technology Studios & Labs
Instructional Spaces & Resources
- Teaching/Instrumental Studios
- Practice & Rehearsal Spaces
- Resource Centers
- Lobbies & Lounges
* If you would like to take a live online building tour with one of our current students, please email MusicAdmissions@duq.edu and ask about our Music Student Ambassador Program. Our music ambassadors are current students that represent the full spectrum of instruments and degree pathways at the Mary Pappert School of Music. View the Music Student Abmassadors.
Learn More About Our Unique Programs of Study
- Bachelor of Arts in Music — view accelerated pathways
- Bachelor of Music in Music Ministry (New in Fall 2022)
- Bachelor of Music in Music Performance
- Bachelor of Music in Music Performance - Jazz Emphasis
- Bachelor of Music in Music Technology - Composition for Media
- Bachelor of Music in Music Technology - Sound Recording
- Bachelor of Science in Music Education
- Bachelor of Science in Music Therapy
- Minor In Music
- Artist Diploma in Performance
- Master of Music in Performance
- Master of Music in Performance - Jazz Emphasis
- Master of Music Therapy (New in Fall 2022)
- Master of Music Therapy Equivalency (New in Fall 2022)