Music Technology Portfolio
Many applicants pursuing the BM in Music Technology (Composition for Media or Sound Recording) are multi-instrumentalists, composers, producers, and creative directors. In these cases, traditional formats for auditions and evaluations do not always provide a complete picture of an applicant's true potential and musical capabilities. We recognize how musical talents come together in a digital production environment and we want you to have the opportunity to share your work with us.
Acceptable Portfolio Criteria
Three finished products/works meeting the following criteria:
- Either produced with electronic instruments and software, acoustically recorded or a combination of each.
- Each selection is a minimum of 2 min 30 seconds.
- Beats alone do not constitute a completed composition, but they can be integrated into a production or exist as elements of a composition.
- Editing of audio stems (individual tracks) is permitted and demonstration encouraged.
- Original compositions should be accompanied by a musical score or graphic representation.
How should the portfolio be formatted?
We recommend using a cloud storage method (Google Drive, iCloud, Dropbox, etc.) to generate and provide hyperlinks within a Word Document or PDF that can access your portfolio media. The links should be included as part of the Audition Portfolio under "Supplemental Media". Sample Audition Portfolio
Questions? Email us