Bachelor of Music in Music Ministry
A career in modern-day music ministry requires a diversified skill set that extends beyond the basics of theology and sacred music. While these are central elements to our Music Ministry program, you will also develop career-enhancing skills including music technology, performance, leadership, and more. This unique approach will enable you to become a well-rounded music minister prepared for work in Christian-tradition churches, including Catholic, Protestant, Orthodox, and other denominations.
Our Program is Unique
- As the only Catholic institution of higher education offering a degree in Music Ministry, this program addresses a growing need for adaptive leaders in Christian churches around the world by integrating traditional studies with contemporary worship.
- Your comprehensive music experience will include applied lessons on your primary instrument, music ensembles, conducting, choral rehearsal techniques, worship leading labs, as well as voice, piano, keyboard, and guitar studies.
- In addition to your core music curriculum, you will learn to navigate and utilize cutting-edge music technologies including digital audio workstations, notation software, video production/streaming platforms, and other skills that are essential to modern-day music ministry.
- With a minor in Theology built into the curriculum, you will graduate with the ability to speak the language of the pastor, priest, or theologian in addition to speaking the language of music.
- Through internships with an extensive network of local churches and congregations, including Duquesne's own Spiritan Campus Ministry, you will be able to apply the skills you learn in the classroom directly to ministry sites in the real world.
- The Mary Pappert School of Music provides you with access to superior facilities, including 68 Steinway pianos in performance and rehearsal spaces, multiple recording studios, computer labs with the latest software, and seven on-campus organs where you will have opportunities to perform for liturgies and recitals.
Already know that Duquesne University is for you? Apply today -it only takes 15 minutes to start your application. Admission to the Mary Pappert School of Music also includes a formal audition. Learn more about the audition process & guidelines.