Available Degree Tracks
- Bachelor of Music in Music Technology - Composition for Media
- Bachelor of Music in Music Technology - Sound Recording
Combine your applied music study with hands-on experience in multimedia labs and recording studios. Pursuing the Bachelor of Music in Music Technology will connect you to the cutting-edge of a creative industry that is seeking composers and engineers for broadcast, film, gaming, ministry, medicine, recording studios, sound stages, television, and virtual reality platforms. Learn how to apply.
Tour Our Music Production Facilities
We are committed to maintaining state-of-the-art recording studio and lab facilities:
Our Program is Unique
- Our GRAMMY Award-winning faculty are nationally-acclaimed.
- Our students benefit from real-world production experiences through IEMMA that span stage to studio.
- Our students are performing musicians in addition to their technology studies. A variety of ensembles, including a Studio Ensemble, are available to students in all majors.
- Our music technology degree focuses on the development of musical and professional skills in sound recording and music production while cultivating a business-oriented awareness of the industry.
- Our School is also home to chapters of both the Audio Engineering Society and the Society of Composers, Inc.
- Our graduates succeed.
A degree in Music Technology will provide you with advanced skills that set you apart from other musicians and help you build a music career with diverse opportunities for professional success.
Ready to Get Started?
Admission to the Mary Pappert School of Music involves a 2-step process that includes an application to Duquesne University as well as an audition/interview. Learn more about this process.