Progressive Degree Pathway
Bachelor of Science in Music Therapy + Master of Music Therapy
This program allows you to combine a traditional 4-year Bachelor of Science in Music Therapy and a traditional 2-year Master of Music Therapy with the added benefit of simultaneously overlapping your undergraduate internship with your graduate coursework. In 6 years, you will have your BSMT, MMT, and music therapy board certification. Undergraduate courses are in person and graduate courses are offered online with two in-person intensives on campus in the second year. Scholarships are available.
A Unique Program
- Online graduate offerings allow you to continue practicing while pursuing your degree, providing greater financial flexibility and increased opportunities to convert learned knowledge to clinical skills.
- You will learn how to provide specialized intensive psychological, emotional, and psychospiritual support to patients in various medical settings such as cancer centers, neonatal intensive care units, and hospices.
- Explore how to provide ethical, culturally responsive healthcare services that engage patients as active collaborators and stakeholders in their health journeys.
- Through your graduate music therapy studies, you will become an adaptive and resilient healthcare professional in a rapidly evolving healthcare ecosystem.
- You will experience a curriculum focused on community-engaged practice and medical music psychotherapy
- Sequence your undergraduate and graduate studies to deepen your training.
- Use your undergraduate internship as a clinical site for developing your graduate Capstone project
- Continue building your professional relationships with your instructors and peers
Already know that Duquesne University is for you? Apply today -it only takes 15 minutes to start your application. Admission to the Mary Pappert School of Music also includes a formal audition. Learn more about the audition process & guidelines.