With an undergraduate and/or graduate degree in Environmental Science and Management, alumni are set up for success in a variety of sectors. With decision-making skills, industry knowledge, and scientific expertise students tackle careers at companies like: PPG Industries, Bayer Corporation, and Fisher Scientific. Students also are making a difference with government agencies and non-profit organizations like: Department of Environmental Protection, Allegheny County Health Department, the National Aviary, the Environmental Protection Agency and more.
Find a list of our alumni network here.
While and undergraduate or a graduate student, you can gain real-world experience with an internship. Internships enable you to explore new career opportunities, connect with working environmental professionals, and learn more about environmental science and management. Students are invited to pursue internships with environmental industries, government agencies, non-profit organizations, and educational groups.
Some examples include:
- Pittsburgh Zoo & Aquarium
- Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc.
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy
- Covestro Environmental Analytics
CERE works hard to share information about current internship and career opportunities with students in real time. You can also check current positions on institution's websites or make use of tools like:
- Duquesne University Career Services
- The Environmental Careers Organization
- Environmental Career Opportunities (CERE students and alumni can contact email@example.com for login information!)
- National Council for Science and the Environment