M.S. in Biotechnology
Set yourself apart in the medical, health and scientific industries with an M.S. in Biotechnology from Duquesne’s Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences.
In this graduate-level program you’ll build a firm foundation in the biomedical field while becoming an innovator. You will receive advanced scientific training coupled with instruction in the management skills that employers seek. You will learn and network with other students in a program that is designed to be convenient with evening and on-line courses.
Choose from two program tracks:
- Biotechnology commercial track, which emphasizes the skills needed to advance in the life sciences industry.
- Biotechnology pre-medical and academic track, which gives you the opportunity to take a greater number of traditional courses in biology and biochemistry in preparation for further academic training.
You'll quickly learn that Duquesne professors are always eager to mentor, and are excited to share their knowledge and experience with you. Our faculty expertise includes areas such as:
- Cancer drug development and discovery
- Clinical diagnostics and devices
- Drug screening and formulation
- Genetic engineering
- Microbiology and vaccines
- Regulatory affairs and quality
"The best attribute of the Bayer School is the faculty. Thanks to the instructors' broad backgrounds, I learned not only biotechnology, but also other related fields, such as disease diagnosis, pharmaceuticals and medical devices."
- Minghua Li, M.S. Biotechnology '17