Inaugural Bayer School and General Excellence Awards
The Bayer School Department and Program Excellence Awards were presented for the first time at the School's Diploma Ceremony this past May. These awards are given through the Dean's office to the “most outstanding” undergraduate student, as selected by each department or program, in the departments of biological science, chemistry and biochemistry, physics, forensic science and law, and environmental science. The department chairs and program directors then selected one of the five students to receive the Bayer School General Excellence Award.
Each department and program Excellence Award winner received a certificate of achievement and a check for $300. The General Excellence Award winner also received a plaque commemorating this award and a check for $500.
This year's department and program winners were:
- Bayer School Excellence Award in Biological Sciences – Anderson Chen
- Bayer School Excellence Award in Chemistry and Biochemistry – Katherine L. Wozniak
- Bayer School Excellence Award in Forensic Science and Law – Leah Ali
- Bayer School Excellence Award in Environmental Science – Danielle Muschamp
- Bayer School Excellence Award in Physics – Andrew J. Witchger, Jr.
The 2014 Bayer School General Excellence Award
- Andrew J. Witchger, Jr.