Mission and Objectives
The true spirit of science can not be obtained strictly from books or predetermined laboratory assignments; it must be experienced through the successes and failures of scientific research. The goal of the Undergraduate Research Program (URP) is to combine research, professional and outreach experiences that will provide our students with the necessary tools to intelligently and actively participate in an increasingly technical world.
- To provide students with hands-on learning.
- To encourage science teacher and health science student participation.
- To encourage students to begin research projects early in their college career.
- To encourage students to give back to the community.
- To expose students to professional experiences.
- To provide students with a seminar series and opportunities for quality interactions with others in the program.
- To expose students to different ethical issues in the science and technology fields.