Call for Abstracts
We invite submission of abstracts for a 20 minute presentation and for posters that address any contemporary ethical issue in healthcare. Potential topics, both general and specific:
- Managing conflicts between ethics and law
- Parental autonomy and the rights of children
- End of life issues
- The ethics of concierge medicine
- Healthcare delivery in wartime-do the normal rules apply?
- Ethics committees and ethics consultation: purposes, roles, and credentials
- Inter-professional conflicts, power-dynamics, and professional bullying
- Ethical issues in managing new technology
- Research ethics
Deadline: December 1, 2019
Abstracts will be reviewed on a rolling basis, ending on December 1, 2019
All abstracts must be submitted online
Please include the following information centered at the top of the page: the name and credentials of author(s) on first line; the name of institution or organization on the second line; the city and state on the third line; skip the fourth line; and the title of the presentation on the fifth line.
The abstract may not exceed 250 words, and must be formatted with one-inch margins and single-spaced 12-point Times New Roman typeface.
All abstracts will be blinded for peer review.
All presenters are required to be paid registrants of the conference and be able to attend the conference in Clearwater, Florida.
Continuing Education credits will be available from the Pennsylvania Nurses Association and the Pennsylvania chapter of the National Association of Social Workers.
For questions and further information, contact Dr. Eric Vogelstein (email@example.com or 412.396.4466).
Presentations of empirical research
Abstract should include:
- Theoretical Framework
- Methods (Design, Sample, Setting, Measures, Analysis)
- Conclusions and Implications
Non-empirical presentations (philosophical or theoretical discussion, case-study analysis, etc.):
Abstract should include one or two paragraphs that explain the issue in question and the nature of the presenter's arguments, analysis, etc.