BSN Program Outcomes
At the completion of the nursing program, the student:
1. Integrates clinical judgment skills when implementing care for individuals, families, groups and community.
- Analyzes one's clinical judgment skills when implementing care for individuals, families and groups.
- Demonstrates clinical judgment skills when implementing care for individuals.
- Explains the meaning of and necessity for using clinical judgment skills in one's professional role.
2. Role models ethical, legal and professional standards into one's professional nursing practice when acting as a moral agent.
- Engages in ethical decision-making.
- Practices within the ethical and legal framework of one's profession.
- Differentiates between the ethical and the legal aspects of one's profession.
3. Displays a caring attitude in all aspects of one's practice.
- Integrates caring into all aspects of one's practice.
- Initiates caring behaviors with self and others.
- Expresses the importance of caring to professional practice.
4. Institutes collaborative efforts for the improvement of care to individuals/families and communities.
- Engages in collaboration with others in planning and implementing care.
- Describes the meaning of collaboration for the improvement of health care.
- Identifies the meaning of collaborative care to one's practice.
5. Demonstrates the ability to utilize integrated systems analysis for personal and professional navigation of the health care delivery systems.
- Examines the use of various strategies within the system that can be used to improve patient outcomes.
- Explains how changes in the system can affect patient outcomes.
- Identifies the meaning of a systems thinking approach.
6. Integrates culturally congruent care in caring for individuals/families of diverse populations.
- Implements care in a culturally sensitive manner with all persons.
- Illustrates examples of culturally sensitive care.
- Describes the meaning of cultural sensitivity.
7. Engages in evidence-based practice.
- Interprets the research process methodology as it is related to sound practice.
- Gives examples of research-based practice.
- Explains the meaning of clinical inquiry to a profession.
8. Incorporates teaching/learning process into all aspects of one's practice.
- Engages in the development of teaching plans to promote the health of patients, groups and communities.
- Explains the teaching/learning process.
- Discusses the relationship of teaching to health promotion.
9. Participates in ongoing educational activities that enhance professional growth and improve health care.
- Identifies extracurricular opportunities to enhance professional development.
- Articulates the benefits of engagement in activities that support professional development.
- Utilizes best practices in improving the health of individuals, groups and communities.
10. Utilizes evolving information technologies to enhance professional nursing practice.
- Utilizes technology in academic and clinical settings.
- Participates in analysis of ethical considerations when using technology.
- Demonstrates competencies in the use of technology in the clinical setting.
11. Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing to all individuals and groups.
- Incorporates major communication theories in all interactions.
- Analyzes factors that promote/interfere with effective communication.
- Examines the major principles of therapeutic communication.
12. Uses leadership abilities to influence professional nursing practice.
- Examines nursing leadership roles.
- Applies the principles of leadership in clinical environments.
- Participates in interprofessional collaboration to influence efficiency of health care services.
13. Evaluates the interrelationship of nurse competencies and the patient characteristics to patient outcomes.
- Utilizes the unique strengths of the patient characteristics and the nurse competencies to affect patient outcomes.
- Examines the interrelationship of nurse competencies and the patient characteristics to patient outcomes.
- States the patient outcomes and the nurse competencies.