Become A Student
Earn Your Pharm.D. from the Duquesne University School of Pharmacy
Earn a Doctor of Pharmacy, (Pharm.D.) in six years at the Duquesne University School of Pharmacy. In the first two years of the program, or the pre-professional phase, students take general science courses and build a liberal arts foundation before entering the professional phase for the remaining four years.
All students accepted into the School of Pharmacy as freshmen automatically enter the Early Assurance Program, essentially guaranteeing a spot in the professional phase of the program after meeting a few basic requirements. Why take a chance? Ensure your spot in the professional phase at the School of Pharmacy.
Over 90 years of experience has given the School of Pharmacy the opportunity to prepare graduates for the changing roles of pharmacy and to develop several distinguishing features among other schools of pharmacy:
- A network of over 6,500 active alumni throughout the United States who can connect you to career paths and internship opportunities
- A trip to Washington, D.C. to explore career options with branches of the U.S. Public Health Services, visit the U.S. Pharmacopeia, and meet with legislators on Capitol Hill honing your advocacy skills for the profession
- Academic Research Centers where you can practice your hands on skills, including the Giant Eagle Center for Pharmacy Practice, Center for Pharmaceutical Technology and Center for Pharmacy Care
- A growing list of Academic Partners in the Pittsburgh area and at major hospitals and clinics will receive cutting edge experiential education
- Exchange agreements in place with and the opportunity to study abroad at schools of pharmacy in China, Italy, Japan and Africa.
And a starting salary over $112,000 on average.
Become a part of the tradition. Become a Duquesne pharmacist
Online Pharm.D. Program
Students in the Online Program enjoy all the benefits of a traditional School of Pharmacy education online with minimal on-campus requirements. Balance work, family and other commitments while earning your Pharm.D. in four years.
M.S. & Ph.D. Programs
Interested in an advanced degree? Further your education by enrolling in the Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Fields of study include medicinal chemistry, pharmacy administration, pharmacology and pharmaceutics.