Cardiovascular Disease Risk Management
Pharmacy-Based Cardiovascular Disease Risk Management – Virtual
Registration closes one week prior to the program date OR once the program reaches full capacity. Please register and submit payment early to reserve your spot.
APhA's Pharmacy-Based Cardiovascular Disease Risk Management is an innovative and interactive certificate-training program that explores the pharmacist's role in cardiovascular disease risk management. This practice-based activity is the first step for pharmacists interested in learning the essential skills to successfully assess risk, promote cardiovascular disease prevention, and encourage patient adherence to therapy. The program has two components: web-based interactive self-study with assessment and the live seminar with online final assessment. A Certificate of Achievement will be awarded to participants who successfully complete all program components, including an evaluation.
The goals of this program are to:
- Educate pharmacists on current evidence-based treatment goals and clinical management recommendations for dyslipidemia and hypertension
- Familiarize pharmacists with important concepts related to healthful lifestyle changes that focus on cardiovascular disease prevention
- Introduce techniques and skills for encouraging patient adherence to prescribed therapies
- Ensure pharmacist proficiency in blood pressure measurement technique and point-of-care lipid testing
- Enhance pharmacist experience in applying elements of motivational interviewing with respect to medication adherence and lifestyle modifications
Courtney Montepara, Pharm.D.
Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
All communications will be sent to the email address submitted at the time of registration. It is the participant's responsibility to ensure that the email address submitted is correct. If you need to communicate with the Certificate Program coordinator, please communicate using the email address used for registration.
Reservations for the program cannot be held until the registration fee is received. Cancellations received in writing (via email) at least seven days prior to the program will receive a refund minus a $25 cancellation fee if an access code to learning material was not processed. If the access code was processed, a refund minus a $150 cancellation fee will be provided. Please contact the program coordinator if you need to cancel your registration.
Duquesne University reserves the right to cancel the program at any point in time. In that event, each participant will be notified via email and a full refund will be made.