Medication Therapy Management
Delivering Medication Therapy Management–An APhA Certificate Program
Registration closes one week prior to the program date OR once the program reaches full capacity. Please register and submit payment early to reserve your spot.
Summer/Fall 2021 Dates Coming By July 1st
We are excited to offer the APhA Delivering Medication Therapy Management (MTM) program virtually!
APhA's Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services presents a systematic approach for developing, implementing, delivering, and sustaining MTM services. It includes an overview of the marketplace for delivering MTM services, guidance for implementing MTM services in pharmacy practice, a review of the essential skills and knowledge needed for performing MTM successfully, and an organized process for identifying medication-related problems. The purpose of this certificate training program is to prepare pharmacists to improve medication use through the delivery of MTM services in a variety of practice settings.
Goals of this practice-based program:
- Advance public health and patient care through improved medication use
- Provide training to enhance pharmacists' ability to effectively provide MTM services
- Motivate increased numbers of pharmacists to establish MTM services
- Communicate benchmark practices for providing MTM services
The certificate-training program is conducted in three parts and provides a total of 21.0 contact hours of continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit (2.1 CEUs):
- Self-study activity and pre-seminar exercise (10 contact hours of CPE credit 1.0 CEUs)
- Live Interactive seminar (8 contact hours of CPE credit 0.8 CEU)
- Post-seminar exercise (3 contact hours of CPE credit 0.3 CEU)
The APhA Medication Therapy Management Certificate Training Program hosted by the Duquesne University will be offered in a virtual format. Zoom Video Conferencing will be used to deliver the live session. In order for participants to successfully complete the "Live Session" portion of the program and receive an attendance code, the participant must be present for the entire duration of the program. We strongly encourage participants to utilize the video functionality to enhance the online experience and increase engagement. There will be small group patient cases, and it would be helpful to "see "your group.
By registering for this program, you agree to participate in the live portion of the course by using active video and audio feed through your computer or mobile device. Additionally, you agree to complete the post seminar skills assessment. Credit for completion of the certificate program will only be granted to participants who complete the self-study requirements, are verified as present throughout the duration of the live seminar session, and complete the skills assessment.
The Live Seminar portion will be conducted online. To participate, the registrants must:
- Join Zoom webinar by computer, tablet, or any mobile device
- Must have a working camera and have video enabled throughout the entire program
- Must be present for the entirety of the program to be eligible for completion of the certificate training
- There is a Zoom app that can be downloaded on mobile devices through the App Store or Google Play. Search for Zoom Cloud Meetings app.
- Join the meeting 15-30 minutes early to test that your microphone and camera is working properly and to check-in
- Please refer to the following webpages to troubleshoot any audio/visual difficulties:
For more information on Zoom technology requirements and functionality, please see links below:
We look forward to seeing you at our next program!
Gale Edward Garmong, Pharm.D.
Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Tiffany Hatcher, Pharm.D.
Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
A group discount can be offered for groups of 15 or more. Please contact Dr. Gale Garmong (firstname.lastname@example.org) if interested.
All communications will be sent to the email address submitted at the time of registration. It is the participant's responsibility to ensure that the email address submitted is correct. If you need to communicate with the Certificate Program coordinator, please communicate using the email address used for registration.
Reservations for the program cannot be held until the registration fee is received. Cancellations received in writing (via email) at least seven days prior to the program will receive a refund minus a $25 cancellation fee if an access code to learning material was not processed. If the access code was processed, a refund minus a $150 cancellation fee will be provided. Please contact the program coordinator if you need to cancel your registration.
Duquesne University reserves the right to cancel the program at any point in time. In that event, each participant will be notified via email and a full refund will be made.