Duquesne University School of Pharmacy Pharmacy Student Organizations
The Duquesne University School of Pharmacy supports nearly 20 pharmacy-specific student organizations focused on a wide variety of practice areas from managed care, to psychiatric and neurologic pharmacy practice, to pediatrics, in addition to several honor societies and service organizations.
The vast selection of pharmacy student organizations allows student pharmacists to dig deep, make connections, and build relationships in specific areas of pharmacy. Different pharmacy student organizations organize different a variety of service events throughout the year and all pharmacy student organizations come together for the annual Health and Wellness Fair in Market Square in October for American Pharmacists Month.
"Engagement in professional pharmacy organizations provides students with the opportunity to hone their leadership and practice skills, provide service to the community, gain access to the rich array of resources that the parent organization can provide, participate in conferences at the national and state level, and most importantly, network with students and practitioners across the country. Networking alone provides students with a benefit beyond measure," Janet Astle, Assistant Professor for Pharmacy Practice and Assistant Dean for Student Services, says.
Pharmacy Student Organizations include:
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP)
- Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP)
- American Pharmacist Association - Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP)
- American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (ASCP)
- College of Psychiatric and Neurologic Pharmacists (CPNP)
- Helping Educate and Rehabilitate Together (H.E.A.R.T.)
- Industry Pharmacists Organization (IPhO)
- National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA)
- Pediatric Pharmacy Association (PPA)
- Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association/Allegheny County Pharmacists Association (PPA/ACPA)
- Pennsylvania Society of Health-System Pharmacists (PSHP)
- Phi Lambda Sigma (PLS)
- Rho Chi Society
- Student National Pharmaceutical Association (SNPhA)
- Kappa Epsilon (KE)
- Kappa Psi (KY)
- Lambda Kappa Sigma (LKS)
- Phi Delta Chi (PDC)
For more information about pharmacy student organizations, please visit the Duquesne University website. And be sure to follow the Duquesne University School of Pharmacy on Facebook and @DuquesnePharm on Twitter and Instagram to see posts featuring pharmacy student organization impacting the community!
Founded in 1878, Duquesne is consistently ranked among the nation's top Catholic universities for its award-winning faculty and horizon-expanding education. A campus of nearly 8,500 graduate and undergraduate students, Duquesne prepares students by having them work alongside faculty to discover and reach their goals. The University’s academic programs, community service, and commitment to equity and opportunity in the Pittsburgh region have earned national acclaim.
It's time for bigger goals. Follow Duquesne University on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.