Stop By The 2019 Health & Wellness Fair On October 2
The School of Pharmacy's seventh annual Health and Wellness Fair in downtown Pittsburgh's Market Square will feature free health screenings, assessments, giveaways and music.
Hosted in conjunction with American Pharmacists Month, the fair will be held Wednesday, Oct. 2, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event is sponsored by Giant Eagle Pharmacy and Paramount Rx.
Professional pharmacy student organizations will offer several informational and complimentary screenings during the fair, including:
- Free cardiac and diabetic risk assessments
- Shingles and childhood vaccines information
- Tips on staying healthy during the cold and flu season
- Skin care and sun protection information
- Free blood pressure screenings
- Smoking cessation information
- Product samples.
- Flu vaccines, which are billable to insurance, will be available through Giant Eagle Pharmacy. Individuals who receive a flu shot will earn $5 in free groceries when they present their Giant Eagle Advantage card.
Additional offerings include a DJ hosting Movin' and Groovin' in the Square and a variety of promotional giveaways.
For more information, visit the Health and Wellness Fair Facebook page.
Duquesne University Times
Founded in 1878, Duquesne is consistently ranked among the nation's top Catholic universities for its award-winning faculty and horizon-expanding education. A campus of nearly 9,500 graduate and undergraduate students, Duquesne prepares students by having them work alongside faculty to discover and reach their goals. The University's academic programs, community service, and commitment to equity and opportunity in the Pittsburgh region have earned national acclaim.
It's time for bigger goals. Follow Duquesne University on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.