What's Next? After you apply, follow these next steps to secure your spot (places are held on a first-come, first-served basis and your application alone does not hold your spot, see "Step 1" below) and complete all supplemental materials by the posted deadlines.
Step 1: Hold Your Spot
- Make a $450 Deposit All deposits can be made through your student account. You can access your student account through DORI at www.duq.edu/dori. In order for your spot to be held, you MUST provide your electronic receipt via email to Danielle Genemore(firstname.lastname@example.org) or bring a paper copy to 601 Duquesne Union.
- Request 2 (two) Recommendations through DUQ Abroad: one from your advisor and one from a faculty member (the request ONLY is needed to hold your spot)
Step 2: Make your 2nd Deposit
- Make 2nd Deposit of $500 (by check payable to Duquesne University and delivered to 601 Union or credit card/echeck through your student account (www.duq.edu/dori)
Step 3: Complete Supplemental Application Materials
- Official Transcript delievered to 601 Union. Request through DORI and pick up at the Registrar's Office in Old Main, Ground Floor.
- Complete Study Abroad Course Approval Form signed by your academic adivsor. Schedule a meeting with your advisor to review the course approval form in detail. UCD Course (module) information can be found under Academics and the Study Abroad Advisor can help you find courses.
- Passport/Birth Certificate uploaded to your DUQ Abroad Application.
- Essay addressing the following:
- Connection to Studies
- Program and Goals
- Preparation for Learning Abroad
Step 4: Your UCD Meeting with the Study Abroad Advisor by posted Deadlines
- UCD Application Meeting: Each semester there will be specific application sessions, sign ups will be emailed directly to deposited students after posted application deadlines. (You MUST have completed Step 1, 2 and 3 before scheduling this meeting).
- Deadlines: All steps are to be completed before the following dates, Fall: March 1 and Spring: October 1
After completing Steps 1-4, congratulations you have fully submitted your Duquesne in Dublin Application! All students will be re-checked to ensure they meet eligibility requirements.