What's Next? After you apply, follow these next steps to secure your spot (places are held on a first-come, first-served basis and your application alone does not hold your spot, see "Step 1" below) and complete all supplemental materials by the posted deadlines.
Step 1: Hold Your Spot
- Make a $450 Deposit All deposits can be made through your student account. You can access your student account through DORI at www.duq.edu/dori. In order for your spot to be held, you MUST provide your electronic receipt via email to Danielle Genemore(email@example.com) or bring a paper copy to 601 Duquesne Union.
- Request 2 (two) Recommendations through DUQ Abroad: one from your advisor and one from a faculty member (the request ONLY is needed to hold your spot)
Step 2: Make your 2nd Deposit
- Make 2nd Deposit of $500 (by check payable to Duquesne University and delivered to 601 Union or credit card/echeck through your student account (www.duq.edu/dori)
Step 3: Complete Supplemental Application Materials
- Official Transcript delievered to 601 Union. Request through DORI and pick up at the Registrar's Office in Old Main, Ground Floor.
- Complete Study Abroad Course Approval Form signed by your academic adivsor. Schedule a meeting with your advisor to review this in detail. UCD Course (module) information can be found under Academics and the Study Abroad Advisor can help you find courses.
- Passport/Birth Certificate uploaded to your DUQ Abroad Application.
- Essay addressing the following:
- Why you want to study abroad
- Why you chose Duquesne in Dublin
- How this experience complements your academic and professional goals
Step 4: Your UCD Meeting with the Study Abroad Advisor by posted Deadlines
- UCD Application Meeting: Each semester there will be specific application sessions, sign ups will be emailed directly to deposited students after posted application deadlines. (You MUST have completed Step 1, 2 and 3 before scheduling this meeting).
- Deadlines: All steps are to be completed before the following dates, Fall: March 1 and Spring: September 1
After completing Steps 1-4, congratulations you have fully submitted your Duquesne in Dublin Application! All students will be re-checked to ensure they meet eligibility requirements.