Room and Board
Rome, a modern European capital, where the strong Euro (€) currency is used, is a city that is generally more expensive than the city of Pittsburgh. Regardless, we are happy to offer an excellent Room and Board package that is a great value to students who choose to spend their semester abroad in the Eternal City!
What does it cost?
You will pay Duquesne's double room rate for Duquesne Towers, Assumption, St. Ann's or St. Martin's.
The Italian Campus is conveniently located in one building. The ground floor, or ‘University Floor', houses the classrooms, student laundry room, student kitchen (where students can store food and prepare their own meals), library, student lounge, full-service dining room, as well as staff and faculty offices. Floors 3 and 4 are the students' residence floors. All rooms are doubles and include private baths, bed linens and towels, heating and air conditioning and a pillow for each bed. There are also ‘study labs' for group or individual study on each residence floor, equipped with charging stations, a computer, Wi-Fi printing stations, as well as a hot/cold option filtered water cooler. High speed, Wi-Fi connectivity is available throughout the whole building.
We are proud that the Italian Campus is a green facility with recycling options, timed lighting in public areas, dual flush toilets in all bathrooms and the use of heat and air conditioning only during the hottest/coldest months of the year.
• 88 nights in a modern double room with private bathroom/shower, heat/air conditioning, linens and towels provided, and high speed Wi-Fi internet.
• Subsidized laundry service: Students will receive a credit in the campus' coin-operated laundry room for 25 cycles (washer or dryer). Laundry soap is provided to all students during the semester.
• Drying racks are also provided in the laundry room for convenience.
• We know that it is important that our campus is a safe and comfortable environment for you while you are living in Rome. Our campus is located on a walled campus owned by the Sisters of the Holy Family in a safe part of Rome. Security services include coded entrances, security cameras, and an overnight guard to assist students, if necessary.
Enjoy a varied meal plan that reflects your busy study abroad schedule of on-site classes, exploring Rome, and weekend travel. You'll be able to take advantage of wholesome home-cooked Continental-style meals prepared by the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth, along with being able to enjoy several meals per week in one of our three Rome partner restaurants. You'll also have the ability to buy groceries at a local grocery store with a provided gift card and even enjoy a breakfast at our local coffee bar during weekends when you stay in Rome. Most alternate diets, allergies, and intolerances can be accommodated in the dining room with advance notice.
On Campus Meals
• 11 home-cooked meals each week are served in our full-service dining room.
• Orientation weekend: Two on campus meals.
• Final Exam Weekend: Study Break meal and snacks.
Off Campus Meals
• 2 meals weekly at one of our three Rome partner restaurants.
• Friday morning breakfast in local coffee bar.
• Orientation: Special meals in local restaurants.
• Final Dinner Celebration: In a local restaurant.
• Gift Card to use at a local grocery store.
• Meals on Academic Excursion weekends/day trips.