Nursing Research in Ireland
Spend 4 weeks this summer in Dublin earning 6 credits, 3 credits apply to your senior nursing research course. Living in the grand St. Michael's House, you will reside with your peers and be just a short walk from the University College Dublin.
Part 1: Critical Appraisal of Research in Healthcare (CT28) is a 2-week, 6-credit course that will transfer back to Duquesne and satisfy the Senior Research course requirement.
Part 2: Nursing Research Project, extension of research course provides a nursing research opportunity for 2 weeks where you will complete a research project under the guidance of an experienced researcher. This project will transfer back as 3 elective credits.
Students will select one of the following research areas:
• Nursing and Midwifery History
• Protection of Older Persons
• Professional Nursing Practice
When: Summer 2019: June 7-July 5 2019 . Check UCD's website for more information
Who can apply: Sophomore and Junior nursing students
Cost: 6 credits of tuition (Summer 2019 - $7590 + $500 Student Abroad Deposit)
Deadline: March 1, 2019
Do not miss this great way to stand out among other nursing graduates by adding international research to your resume. Ireland provides a perfect venue to learn and develop international perspectives on health and wellness.
How to Apply:
Step 1: Submit Duquesne's Online Application
- Create Log-in and submit application
- Upload: Essay, Course Approval Form, Birth Certificate/Passport and Office Copy of Transcript
- Request: Advisor Approval and Faculty/Employer Recommendations
Step 2: Submit UCD Online Application
- Visit University College Dublin's Website
- The Center for Global Engagement can assist with this process
- Provide a copy of your application to the Center for Global Engagement (601 Union)
Hold your Spot: Application Deposit ($1000)
- Your application is not complete without your deposit. All deposits can be made through your student account. You can access your student account through DORI at www.duq.edu/dori. In order for your spot to be held, you MUST provide your electronic receipt via email to Danielle Genemore(email@example.com) or bring a paper copy to 601 Duquesne Union. You can also deposit via check made payable to 'Duquesne University' and submitted to 601 Union. This deposit will be applied to your total program cost and is non-refundable after the UCD posited Deadlines (March 9th).
Duquesne In Dublin Summer Nursing Program
June 7 - July 5 2019
|June 7||US Departure|
|June 8||Dublin Arrival|
|June 9||Duquesne Orientation|
|June 10-21||Weeks: 1-2||UCD Orientation and Class|
June 24 -
|Weeks: 3-4||Nursing Research Mentorship/Project|
|July 5||Dublin Departure|
Accomodations at St. Michael's House
This 1860 mansion will serve as your warm and gracious home for the 8 weeks you will be living and learning in Ireland. In comfortable double and triple rooms, St. Michaels offers much more then a typical student accommodation. With charming common areas, wifi, laundry and kitchenettes, you will soon feel at home.
**your accomodations will be available for the duration of your program, additional accomodations before or after are on your own.
Meals while in Ireland
Throughout your time at St. Michael's you will have access to a kitchenette (refrigerator, microwave, hot water kettle, crockpots and electric grills). As a part of your program, you will be given a weekly meal allowence to use at your discression at Tesco. Welcome and Farewell group dinner and breakfasts will be included, however, you will be responsible for additional meals throughout your stay. The University College Dublin will also offer special events throughout your stay.
Summer Internship Program in Dublin offer:
Program Fee: The cost of 6 credits of tuition. (2019: $7590 + $500)
- 6 credits comprised of a 6 credit course and research
- Accommodations at St. Michael's House for 4 weeks
- Breakfast Monday-Friday
- Weekly meal vouchers at Tesco/Marrion Inn
- $500 Flight Voucher (through our travel agent)
- And a few special dinners
Additional costs: passport, United Healthcare Global ($75 University Requirement) additional meals and spending money