Nursing Research in Ireland
Research for Nursing Practice in Dublin, Ireland
Spend 4 weeks this summer in Dublin earning 6 credits, 3 credits apply to your senior nursing research course. Living in the grand St. Michael's House, you will reside with your peers and be just a short walk from the University College Dublin.
Part 1: Critical Appraisal of Research in Healthcare (CT28) is a 2-week, 6-credit course that will transfer back to Duquesne and satisfy the Senior Research course requirement.
Part 2: Nursing Research Project, extension of research course provides a nursing research opportunity for 2 weeks where you will complete a research project under the guidance of an experienced researcher. This project will transfer back as 3 elective credits.
Students will select one of the following research areas:
• Nursing and Midwifery History
• Protection of Older Persons
• Professional Nursing Practice
When: Summer 2018: June 9-July 7 2018 . Check UCD's website for more information
Who can apply: Sophomore and Junior nursing students
Cost: 6 credits of tuition (Summer 2018 - $7286)
Deadline: March 1, 2018
Do not miss this great way to stand out among other nursing graduates by adding international research to your resume. Ireland provides a perfect venue to learn and develop international perspectives on health and wellness.
How to Apply:
Step 1: Submit Duquesne's Online Application
- Create Log-in and submit application
- Upload: Essay, Course Approval Form, Birth Certificate/Passport and Office Copy of Transcript
- Request: Advisor and Faculty/Employer Recommendations
Step 2: Submit UCD Online Application
- Visit University College Dublin's Website
- The Office of International Programs can assist with this process
- Provide a copy of your application to OIP (601 Union)
Hold your Spot: Application Deposit ($1000) Deposit Here
- Your application is not complete without your deposit. This deposit can be submitted via check made payable to 'Duquesne University' and submitted to 601 Union or online. Be sure to select 'Summer 2015 Dublin' in the drop down menu when making your online deposit. This deposit will be applied to your total program cost and is non-refundable after the UCD posited Deadlines (March 1st).
Duquesne In Dublin Summer Nursing Program
June 9 - July 7 2018
|June 9||US Departure|
|June 10||Dublin Arrival|
|June 10||Duquesne Orientation|
|June 11-22||Weeks: 1-2||UCD Orientation and Class|
June 25 -
|Weeks: 3-4||Nursing Research Mentorship/Project|
|July 7||Dublin Departure|
Accomodations at St. Michael's House
This 1860 mansion will serve as your warm and gracious home for the 8 weeks you will be living and learning in Ireland. In comfortable double and triple rooms, St. Michaels offers much more then a typical student accommodation. With charming common areas, wifi, laundry and kitchenettes, you will soon feel at home.
**your accomodations will be available for the duration of your program, additional accomodations before or after are on your own.
Meals while in Ireland
Throughout your time at St. Michael's you will have access to a kitchenette (refrigerator, microwave, hot water kettle, crockpots and electric grills). As a part of your program, you will be given a weekly meal allowence to use at your discression at Tesco. Welcome and Farewell group dinner and breakfasts will be included, however, you will be responsible for additional meals throughout your stay. The University College Dublin will also offer special events throughout your stay.
Summer Internship Program in Dublin offer:
Program Fee: The cost of 6 credits of tuition. (2018: $7286)
- 6 credits comprised of a 6 credit course and research
- Accommodations at St. Michael's House for 4 weeks
- Breakfast Monday-Friday
- Weekly meal vouchers at Tesco
- $500 Flight Voucher (through our travel agent)
- UnitedGlobalHealthCare emergency coverage
- And a few special dinners
Additional costs: passport, additional meals and spending money