Certified Electronic Credential Overview
Duquesne University now offers Certified Electronic Diplomas and Certificates (CeDiploma/CeCertificate) beginning with our 2020 graduates! Students are notified by email (Duquesne University account) when the diplomas is ready for download approximately three weeks after the commencement date.
The CeDiploma and CeCertificate are downloadable, secure PDFs that graduates can obtain, share, and retain for future use. It is identical to your paper diploma/certificate but is portable in ways that the paper document is not.
Watch an Overview video to learn more!
Graduates will receive an email message in their DU email account from CeCredential Trust once the diploma is available for download. Graduates can use the link above to access the CeDiploma or CeCertificate. Graduates must register with CeCredential Trust to guarantee future access to the CeDiploma/CeCertificate, since DORI access for students who have graduated and are no longer enrolled is limited to one year. With this in mind, please register as soon as you receive the email notification.
- More than a paper credential
- An official, secure and verifiable PDF version of your accomplishment!
- Different from a transcript
- Unlimited sharing with family, friends, employers and social media.
- Proof of education with only the important details.
- Simple for employers to read and understand.
- Better than an eDiploma
- Enhances your resume
- Expedite the verification process by providing your CeDiD and validation URL on your resume.
*CeDiD (Certified Electronic Document Identifier)
Credential Validation – demo
- Each CeDiploma and/or CeCertificate can be independently validated here by future employers, State Government Licensing Agencies and any other entity that wishes to validate your achievement.
- The document is digitally signed and encrypted, providing greater trust and acceptance.
- For security reasons, the electronic credential cannot be printed.
For additional information about the Certified Electronic Credential and its features, please visit cecredentialtrust.com
Additional Information about the CE Credentials.
Note: CeDiplomas and CeCertificates are only available for students graduating in 2020.
Learn more about the security features of a CeDiploma or CeCertificate
Validate the authenticity of a CeDiploma or CeCertificate
View commonly asked questions about the CeDiploma or CeCertificate