A A Email Print Share

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How long does it take to receive an admissions decision?

Once your application is complete, you generally will receive an admissions decision after 2 - 3 weeks.  

Q: How do I apply for the undergraduate scholarship?

You are automatically considered for the undergraduate Libermann Scholarship for international students. No separate application is necessary. You should apply as early as possible for maximum consideration, but the final deadline is April 1. 

Q: I am a graduate student. Should I email you or the graduate department?

For questions about your graduate admissions decisions, requirements, tuition scholarships or curriculum, please contact the Graduate Department directly. The Center for Global Engagement is happy to help you with questions relating to immigration, arrival or campus life.  

Q: Do you offer conditional admission?

For undergraduate programs, please see our English Proficiency Requirements page for an explanation of conditional admittance.

Most graduate programs do not offer conditional admission, but please visit our international graduate admisisons site for a limited list of programs that may be able to offer conditional admission. 

Q:  Do you need to see all transcripts, including ESL?  

Yes, all undergraduate students must submit all transcripts/grade reports from high school onwards. 

Q: Are interviews required for admission? 

For graduate admissions, please consult your department as all graduate departments have different admissions requirements. 

For undergraduate admissions, an initial interview is not formally required before your application, but you can request an interview with an admissions officer if you would like to articulate additional information. The Center for Global Engagement reserves the right to require an interview after examining your admissions materials if we would like more information before our admisisons decision. 

Q:  I am an Accepted student and I'm having trouble logging into my MultiPass.  It keeps asking for a postal code and social security number. 

You will need to use the temporary social security number assigned to you by our office. Undergraduate students receive this in their acceptance letter. If you do not know what your social security number is, please email intladmissions@duq.edu and we will provide it for you. Some international postal codes are not accepted by the MultiPass system. If you are getting an error message please email intladmissions@duq.edu and we will change your postal code in the system so you can finish the setup process.

You also need to confirm your attendance before you can setup your MultiPass. There are instructions on how to confirm your attendance on the Accepted Student page. 

Q:  Who do I email with any immigration questions or updated information for my I-20?

All I-20 related information and immigration questions should be directed to Ben Pilcher, International Advisor.   

Q:  Can I live on campus? How do I know what my room assignments are?

Incoming Fall undergraduate students who have requested a room on campus (by returning their Housing Contract) receive an email to their DUQ account in July letting them know their residence hall and roommate details. Remember, you must turn in your housing contract in a timely manner in order to receive a room. Please visit our accomodations page for more information.