A A Email Print Share

Frequently Asked Questions

Will I receive a tuition statement in the mail?

 Tuition eBills are available exclusively online and may be printed for your records.  Students will log into DORI and select:  Self Service Banner>Student Information>Student Account>Access QuikPAY>View and Pay Accounts>Current Statement

How can I make sure that my parents/guardians have access to my tuition bill?

Student account information is protected by the federal privacy law known as FERPA.  Therefore, students must be proactive and add their parents/guardians as their "Authorized Payer" on their QuikPAY account.  Once this step is taken, our staff will be able to discuss the account details with them, they will be notified when bills are posted online and have their own access to your billing account.  Otherwise, ONLY the student will have access to their account information.

When is tuition due?

Tuition is due by the end of the first week of class. Accounts not paid at that time will be subject to late fees, at the rate of 1.5% per monthAccount holds will also be applied.

What are my payment options?

a.  Online payments in QuikPAY, echeck , Master Card, Discover and VISA
b.  Monthly payment plan (enrollment in QuikPAY)
c.  Payment by mail:  Duquesne University; Cashier's Office; 600 Forbes Avenue; Pittsburgh, PA 15282
d.  Payment in person at the Cashier's Office (cash, check or money order only) located ground floor, Administration Building
e.  FLYWIRE- helpful for international students

How much do I owe?

Your student account is available online in QuikPAY 24/7.  Current account activity displays real time account activity and the current balance due.

I am a new student.  When will I be able to log into DORI?

Ususally, within 48 hours of paying your admission deposit, you will be able to establish your Multipass password.  With this, you will be able to log into the DORI portal.

I have health insurance through my parents/employer.  How do I opt out of the University Health insurance?

Students are required to log into www.hulseqm.com/myinsurance to complete the waiver.  THIS IS AN ANNUAL REQUIREMENT.  To log in, use the last name first initial of the student and the Student ID number (D0______).  Once your insurance has been validated, the insurance company will provide a credit for your account. For any questions, please contact HulseQM at 1-800-273-1715.

Why hasn't my financial aid posted to my account?

If you have been awarded Stafford, Graduate Plus or Parent Plus loans and the funds have not been applied to your account, most likely, the promissory note and/or entrance counseling requirements have not been satisfied.  You can fulfill these requirements by logging into www.studentloans.gov

I have applied for additional financial aid to help with my off campus expenses.  How/when will I receive these funds?

Student Accounts begins processing refunds the second week of each term (the first week is the drop/add period).  Students should sign up for direct deposit, so that the funds can be deposited into their personal bank account.  Students that do not sign up will have their refund check sent home to their permanent address.  Students are not permitted to pick up the refund checks.

Where can I find details about the costs for tuition, fees, room and board?

Information regarding tuition rates are available online at:  http://www.duq.edu/admissions-and-aid/tuition

Why do I have a hold on my account?

Student Accounts applies holds when there is a balance outstanding.  These holds prevent the release of official transcripts and diplomas, and may prevent registration for future terms. Payment on account does not automatically release the hold. This process is run daily by Student Accounts. Click here for more information.

Why do I need an Authorized Payer?
  • FERPA, the federal privacy law, prohibits the release of specific student account information to anyone other than the student without the student's consent.  Duquesne University uses the Authorized Payer functionality as a FERPA release. 

  • When a student grants Authorized Payer access to someone, the University is then permitted to share account information with this person.

  • It is important to note that the student must be proactive to maintain their own Authorized Payers.  Each student may have up to 5 and may add and/or delete at any time.

How do I set up an Authorized Payer?

Students will log into the DORI portal 
    Select: Self Service Banner>Student Information>Student Account>Access QuikPAY>Authorized Payer

         You will be prompted for some information about the Authorized Payer.  Once you have completed this process, the person you have Authorized will be emailed to notify them of their own login name and the link to the Authorized Payer website.  THE STUDENT MUST PROVIDE THE PASSWORD.

        The ONLY way to have access to your student's tuition bill, be notified when bills are posted online, and be permitted to discuss the account with our office staff, is to be added as an Authorized Payer.

How can I add extra money to my student's flex account?

Information regarding meal plans can be obtained by contacting Dining Services at 412-396-5819.

How can I reset my Multipass password?

To reset your password, go to the DORI home page and click the "Having problems signing in" link. If additional help is required, contact the CTS HELP desk at 412-396-4357 or help@duq.edu

How can I make an International payment?

Duquesne University has partnered with Flywire TM to offer an easy way to make international payments.  This service offers excellent foreign exchange rates, and in most cases, allows you to pay in your home currency.  Click Flywire.com  TM to begin the payment process.  You will receive an email confirmation when your payment is received by Duquesne University.

IRS Form 1098-T
  • If you are paying education costs, the IRS form 1098-T provides information for you to determine if you qualify for an education tax credit.

  • The University populates box 2 (amounts billed for qualified tuition and related expenses) and box 5 (scholarships or grants). It is the student's responsibiltiy to determine tax liabiltiy.

  • IRS Publication 970 and the newly developed Interactive Tax Assistant will provide some additional information and guidance.

How can I use my financial aid to purchase books?

If Student Accounts can verify that you have excess financial aid, any amount of this can be electronically transferred to the University bookstore.  You will need to complete an authorization form, indicating your student ID number and the amount of your request.  Please visit our website for additional information and the authorization form. 

Why is my "Current Statement" not current?

The current statement refers to the last eBill posted to your account. eBills are a snapshot of your account at a particular time; while the student account can be charged or credited at any time.  You should check Account Status in QuikPAY to see any current account activity and the current balance due. If you need a copy of a bill for a particular term, contact Student Accounts for assistance.

My first eBill showed my (stafford/parent plus/graduate plus) loans, but now they have disappeared and I have a balance due!  What happened to these awards?

The first invoice of each term lists anticpated financial aid, such as Stafford, Parent Plus and Graduate Plus loans, since the University does not receive these funds until the term begins. By displaying these on the invoice, you can see any balance due on your account or any refund resulting from the loans.  If you have not successfully completed online entrance counseling and signed the electronic promissory note at www.studentloans.gov, the University will not receive payment for your loans.  This may result in a balance due, account hold, late fee assessment and delayed refund.

If I want to reduce the amount of my financial aid, how do I do that?

You will need to submit these changes to financial aid directly. To contact their office, call 412-396-6607 or email faoffice@duq.edu

Why isn't work study deducted from my tuition bill?

If a student receives work study, they are eligible to earn up to the amount shown on their award letter.  They should contact Human Resources for job availability.