Application Requirements and Deadlines
** Apply NOW for Spring 2021 and Fall 2021 semesters! ** Click the following link to get started: APPLY NOW!
Deadline to apply as a Transfer student for consideration for the Spring 2021 semester:
- Nov. 1, 2020: School of Health Sciences
- No Deadline (Rolling Admission) / Apply Now: Business, Liberal Arts, Education, Music, Science, Pre-Pharmacy
In order to apply for admission as a transfer student to Duquesne University, the following items must be submitted:
- An Application for Admission
- Official, final high school transcripts and/or G.E.D. scores (not required for Business, Liberal Arts, and Music majors with more than 24 college-level credits)
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges attended
- A personal essay and a letter of recommendation are required for the School of Health Sciences and the School of Nursing
- SAT and/or ACT scores (required ONLY for Health Sciences, Natural/Environmental Sciences, Education, Nursing, Pharmacy) - in some cases the requirement may be waived if a student has been out of high school for 5 or more years
Requirements: Grade Averages (recommended)
- 3.0 GPA for Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Language Pathology, Forensic Science, Pharmacy, Nursing, and Education
- 2.75 GPA for Health Management Systems and Athletic Training
- 2.0 GPA and higher for all other majors is recommended to be considered for acceptance
- Only classes with a "C" grade or higher may be considered for transfer.
School of Education
All incoming students must meet all minimum requirements for admission to the School of Education. These requirements include:
- 3.0 overall GPA on all college transcripts
- 3.0 overall high school GPA
- 1080 on Reading and Math SAT, or 22 on ACT
If you do not meet the testing requirement, you must take the Basic Skills Testing (PAPA or PRAXIS Core) before being admitted to the School of Education. Contact the Office of Student and Academic Services at 412.396.6093 or email@example.com to learn more.
School of Music
- Auditions are required for School of Music applicants
School of Pharmacy
- Official college transcripts from all previous colleges/universities you have attended. Transcripts must be sent directly from the institution - - even if they are marked "official" and are sealed, they must come directly from colleges/universities;
- Official PCAT scores sent directly from the testing service. You may arrange for scores to be sent by visiting their website, www.PCATweb.info;
Please arrange for all documents to be mailed to:
The Mylan School of Pharmacy
Transfer Pharm.D. Admission Committee
304 Bayer Learning Center
600 Forbes Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15282
Please keep in mind that transfer admission to the Doctor of Pharmacy program is on a "space available" basis, and highly competitive. Learn more about our admissions requirements before submitting your application.
We will begin a review of applications in November/December, and begin making offers to interview to qualified applicants for February/March. We may contact you with questions, etc., regarding the courses you took, or other information from your academic profile, should the need arise. On occasion, we may also ask for a course syllabus if there is a question of course equivalency.