Spirit of Community Scholarship
Are you passionate about your community? Do you have volunteer experience? Are you committed to building a world where equity and opportunity exist for everyone? Then you should apply for Duquesne's Spirit of Community Scholarship.
This exciting new scholarship is for students like you. Chosen participants will strengthen their commitment to community engagement by walking alongside others through meaningful and challenging conversations around biases, systemic injustice, and the impact of power and privilege on our community and society at large.
If chosen as a participant, you will also receive significant financial support to attend Duquesne University.
Commitment To Your Community
Program participants will engage in this program for four consecutive years.
- Be paired with a community agency to dedicate 100 - 125 hours of service per semester
- Attend weekly seminars covering social justice education
- Complete assignments and projects within the seminar
- Creation of campus events or programs that are reflective of the components being covered in the seminars or a topic relevant to the students' community sites
- Regular check-in sessions with a Scholar Mentor
- Creation of semester synthesis projects of knowledge gained in the seminar, experiences at their community site, and own life experiences
- Educate the campus community in some way about relevant social justice issues
- Develop a capstone presentation outlining their growth and development over the previous four semesters to be presented at the end of the fourth year
Commitment To You
Participation in this program guarantees that 100% of all demonstrated financial need towards the total cost of attendance for four years (or graduation, whichever comes first) will be met. Financial aid packages will include University gift aid as well as all other institutional, state, federal, and self-help resources available to you.
How To Apply
Apply to Duquesne University for the Fall 2022 semester, and submit the scholarship application below by December 1, 2021.
Applicants should have their FAFSA completed and sent to Duquesne University (Duquesne's Federal School Code is 003258) to meet the application deadline.