College Credit while in High School (CCHS)
Earn college credit, prepare for success in college, focus on a class, push yourself academically and learn with college students in Duquesne's College in High School (CCHS) program. CCHS is an exciting opportunity for high school juniors and seniors to take University courses at Duquesne and earn up to 30 college credits (that’s one year!) while you are in high school.
Get a head start while you are still in high school!
Save money and time by starting your college courses as a rising junior or senior. Choose from a wide range of classes. While you're a Duquesne CCHS student, you'll have access to:
- Duquesne's library - virtually or on-campus
- The Power Center, 80,000 square feet dedicated to recreation and fitness
- All other student amenities
- Duquesne's best of both world's campus that's park-like and within walking distance of downtown Pittsburgh
How to get started
- Completed your sophomore year of high school
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Include an official high school transcript
- Provide one letter of reference from your high school guidance counselor
Cost and Credit Information:
- Students can take up to two courses each term and receive University credit for courses taken
- Tuition for the 2020-21 academic year is $329 for a three-credit course; $438 for 4 credits and $548 for 5 credits
- Most classes are 100 level courses worth 3 credits
- Credits may be applied toward a Duquesne University degree or transferred to many public and private colleges and universities
- If you decide to attend Duquesne University you will reapply for regular admission
Questions? Contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412.396.6222. We hope to see you on campus soon!