Duquesne is a Pittsburgh Promise Preferred College Partner
Welcome Prospective Promise Scholars!
Duquesne University is pleased to be a Preferred College Partner of The Pittsburgh Promise, with nearly 100 Promise Scholars enrolled at DU.
Promise-eligible students who are accepted at Duquesne University are eligible for a housing scholarship and student support services. When you apply for admission, you're also automatically considered for academic scholarships. Learn more about how Duquesne University supports college affordability.
Financial aid for housing:
- Full-time Promise-eligible students, who live in University owned and operated residence halls, are eligible for housing awards for up to four years. These awards are in addition to any other aid for which the student may be eligible.
Student support services include:
- Tutors, at no additional cost, in specific areas of study such as math, biology, chemistry, nursing, and for many other courses
- The University Writing Center, which provides writing instruction and support
- The Office of Freshman Development, which provides unique services to help freshmen transition to college life and plans excursions and activities exclusively for new students.
- The Center for Student Involvement plans cultural, educational, social, recreational and leadership development programs which are available to all students at Duquesne. Students can also choose from over 250 campus-based student organizations.
- Academic advisors are assigned to students based on academic interest and are specialists in curriculum and associated student support services.
Take the next step! We invite you to:
- Learn about admission requirements, application process and test-optional admission.
- Review more than 85 undergraduate majors and check out the viewbook.
- Schedule a visit to campus!
Pittsburgh Promise Alumni
- Scholarship opportunities for graduate programs!