- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Colorado State University, 2011
- Masters of Computer Science, Colorado State University, 2008
- Masters of Computer Science, Al-albayt University, 1999
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Yarmouk University, 1995
- "Aren't We Guilty Too?: The Censorship of D.H. Lawrence in the Ivory Tower." Rhizomes: Cultural Studies in Emerging Knowledge. 26 (2014). Web. Link to article: http://www.rhizomes.net/issue26/speese.html
- "‘Our feelings become impressed with the grandeur of Omnipotence': Mary Somerville's Feminine Scientific Sublime." Prose Studies: History, Theory, Criticism. 35.2 (2013): 171-188. Print.
- "Raping Prejudice: Mary Hays's The Victim of Prejudice, Gender, and Rape." Work of Romanticism: Proceedings from the 2008 International Conference on Romanticism. Ed. Christopher R. Clason. Lewiston: Mellen P, 2011. Print.
- "A Flip of the Coin: Gender Systems and Female Resistance in the Coen Brothers' No Country for Old Men." No Country for Old Men: From Novel to Film. Ed. Lynnea Chapman King, Rich Wallach, and Jim Welsh. Lanham: Scarecrow P, 2009. Print.
- With Kristin Smith."Welcome to Stars Hollow: Gilmore Girls, Utopia, and the Hyperreal." Gilmore Girls and the Politics of Identity: Essays on Family and Feminism in the Television Series. Ed. Ritch Kalvin. Jefferson: McFarland, 2008. Print.