Call Campus Police at 412.396.2677
Toxic chemical exposure with your skin
- Immediately flush the affected area with clean water.
- Remove contaminated clothing.
- Call Campus Police at 412.396.2677
- Move to a safer area.
For spills, releases or incidents requiring special training, procedures or equipment take these actions:
- Immediately evacuate the spill area.
- If building evacuation is required, pull the fire alarm.
- Call Campus Police at 412.396.2677.
- Seal the area to prevent further contamination of others.
- Anyone who is contaminated by the spill should avoid contact with others as much as possible and remain in a safe area nearby for emergency treatment.
- Wash off contamination and begin any required first aid.
- Do not attempt to contain or clean up spills unless you are qualified to perform such work.
- Do not re-enter the area unless directed to by Campus Police.
If there is a chemical spill, the University community will be notified by the DU Alert System and a mass e-mail.