Call Campus Police at 412.396.2677
In the event someone has a medical emergency:
- Remain calm
- Notify the Campus Police one of three ways:
- Do not move the victim unless he or she is in danger.
- If you are trained to provide first aid, use pressure to stop bleeding and provide basic life support (CPR).
- Comfort the patient and assure him/her that medical assistance is on the way.
- Do not jeopardize your health or the health of the patient. Wait for professional help if you are not able to provide proper first aid safely.
- If you provide first aid, consider if immediate action is required to save a life and if you will put yourself in jeopardy if you do.
- Be aware of hazards associated with blood-borne pathogens. If you come in contact with suspected infectious material, wash the exposed area thoroughly with soap and water and seek medical attention.
The City of Pittsburgh has advanced life-support ambulances available 24 hours a day.
Patients are often taken to UPMC Mercy Hospital.